ET

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I have XP service pack 2 and I have turned the windows xp firewall off as my
dsl has a firewall. Now I keep getting messages warning me that the
firewall is turned off, how do I get rid of these messages. Thanks.

et wrote:
> I have XP service pack 2 and I have turned the windows xp firewall
> off as my dsl has a firewall. Now I keep getting messages warning me
> that the firewall is turned off, how do I get rid of these messages.
> Thanks.

Open Control Panel/ Security Center. Click the link "Change the way security
center alerts me" link. Remove the check mark from the Firewall option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org/