Errors after a system restore (HELP!)

PILADE

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
My windows installed internet explorer 9 with other updates.I don't like internet explorer 9 cuz with it the letters of yahoo messenger and other programs are like faded so i restored my windows to a version before the update.But, after the restore, i have many errors,the most annoying ones are these two errors that happen with yahoo messenger.

1) The ordinal 491 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll

2) The ordinal 379 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

i don't want to use internet explorer 9 i want the old internet explorer 8 and i think (you can correct me if i'm wrong) that reinstalling ie explorer 8 is the only solution to solve these problems, but i can't find ie 8 compatible for windows 7 anywhere on net.Can u help me?

PILADE

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
yes but how can i unistall it? now i tried to restore again the system but i had an error and now is only partially restored...and in yahoo messenger now i have faded letters....

edit: i tried to unistall it and i followed the procedure but...windows can't remove it it says errors..what does it mean? now, after the partial remove of ie 9, i have again errors with these dll but the letters in yahoo messenger are faded! how can i restore the original letters in yahoo messenger?

i think that i should do a reset of the hard disk....if you have other solutions i'm here.(hope u have)

sankar dutta

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012