Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to uninstall nvidia drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 22, 2012 11:26:06 PM

I want to re install my nvidia geforce GT 430's drivers becuase i have a problem with them crashing. how can i uninstall them and then reinstall them?
a b Î Nvidia
June 22, 2012 11:33:50 PM

if your using windows 7, Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. Then select Nvidia driver, uninstall and remove the driver and all of it's components. and you should be set.

Then download and install the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

if you still keep getting errors with the drivers, that means you have to completely remove everything. In that case, use http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Uninstaller-Pro/3000-... and remove every single associated files. Its easy to use but if your having trouble let us know.
June 23, 2012 12:53:25 AM

shamsmu said:
if your using windows 7, Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. Then select Nvidia driver, uninstall and remove the driver and all of it's components. and you should be set.

Then download and install the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

if you still keep getting errors with the drivers, that means you have to completely remove everything. In that case, use http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Uninstaller-Pro/3000-... and remove every single associated files. Its easy to use but if your having trouble let us know.


Looks like i'm going to have to uninstall everything. I'll keep you updated...
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2012 1:05:28 AM

Uninstall your current driver through the control panel.
Restart and boot into safe mode (F8)
Run Driver Sweeper
Restart and boot to the regular desktop
Install the new driver
Restart
June 23, 2012 1:41:18 AM

shamsmu said:
if your using windows 7, Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. Then select Nvidia driver, uninstall and remove the driver and all of it's components. and you should be set.

Then download and install the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

if you still keep getting errors with the drivers, that means you have to completely remove everything. In that case, use http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Uninstaller-Pro/3000-... and remove every single associated files. Its easy to use but if your having trouble let us know.


Yah I tried uninstalling everything, still get the crashes. Should i get a new graphics card or is there something else i can try?
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2012 1:59:00 AM

genatkachuk said:
Yah I tried uninstalling everything, still get the crashes. Should i get a new graphics card or is there something else i can try?


I see, then you have to use http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

its better if you do it in the safe mode. Just press f8 right before you see windows 7 splash screen before start up.


Once you get there, use driversweep to remove everything(including the registry files and folders)

then restart normally and install the new drivers.
June 23, 2012 2:06:29 AM

shamsmu said:
I see, then you have to use http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

its better if you do it in the safe mode. Just press f8 right before you see windows 7 splash screen before start up.
http://0.tqn.com/d/pcsupport/1/5/W/4/-/-/safe-mode-windows-7-1.jpg

Once you get there, use driversweep to remove everything(including the registry files and folders)

then restart normally and install the new drivers.


"Attention - Guru3D Driver Sweeper has been discontinued as such you will not find any download links here any longer."
It says Guru3D Driver Sweeper isn't available anymore....
June 23, 2012 2:35:20 AM

shamsmu said:
I see, then you have to use http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

its better if you do it in the safe mode. Just press f8 right before you see windows 7 splash screen before start up.
http://0.tqn.com/d/pcsupport/1/5/W/4/-/-/safe-mode-windows-7-1.jpg

Once you get there, use driversweep to remove everything(including the registry files and folders)

then restart normally and install the new drivers.


Tried that, didn't work, crashed again... fml
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2012 3:06:40 AM

genatkachuk said:
Tried that, didn't work, crashed again... fml


wow, if thats the case- then uninstall the current 300.42 drivers and intall this old driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.89...

my dads gts450 is still stable with this. He never upgrades his drivers.
June 23, 2012 5:24:32 AM

Maybe not the driver issue?

is anything else missed temp/dust/loosely/voltage ?
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2012 6:21:43 AM

yeah, now the only option uve left isto reinstall windows- if the problem still persists then its time for a new gpu.
June 23, 2012 6:24:19 AM

rdc85 said:
Maybe not the driver issue?

is anything else missed temp/dust/loosely/voltage ?

Any way i can check? Any link to a program you can give me?
June 23, 2012 6:26:08 AM

shamsmu said:
yeah, now the only option uve left isto reinstall windows- if the problem still persists then its time for a new gpu.


Would reinstalling windows really solve the problem? Should i just do a factory reset? Because I don't want to lose all my programs.....
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2012 6:37:26 AM

genatkachuk said:
Would reinstalling windows really solve the problem? Should i just do a factory reset? Because I don't want to lose all my programs.....


I am not sure what you mean by factory reset?

never mind that yeah sure you can try it but if that does not work, then reinstalling windows would be the only viable option left for you. Or get a new gpu..I can suggest a few if your interested.
June 23, 2012 4:41:22 PM

shamsmu said:
I am not sure what you mean by factory reset?

never mind that yeah sure you can try it but if that does not work, then reinstalling windows would be the only viable option left for you. Or get a new gpu..I can suggest a few if your interested.

Yah sure, go ahead and recommend a few, i'm thinking of the GeForce GT 560? Looks like a good card. But yah, go ahead, everything helps.
a b Î Nvidia
June 24, 2012 12:06:27 AM

genatkachuk said:
Yah sure, go ahead and recommend a few, i'm thinking of the GeForce GT 560? Looks like a good card. But yah, go ahead, everything helps.


yeah the gtx 560 is good. although the 560 ti would be better. Depending on your budget, you could go for hd 7770, hd6870, hd7850. All of those cards will be significantly better than the gt430. Please specify the rest of your system specs and your budget so I can recommend the best bang for buck gpu.
June 24, 2012 12:36:11 AM

shamsmu said:
yeah the gtx 560 is good. although the 560 ti would be better. Depending on your budget, you could go for hd 7770, hd6870, hd7850. All of those cards will be significantly better than the gt430. Please specify the rest of your system specs and your budget so I can recommend the best bang for buck gpu.

these are my specs


-msi n430gt-md1gd3/oc/lp graphics card
-Antec 500 watt power Supply
-Steel Antec case, black finish, 1 150mm fan, 1 75mm fan
-Asus P5K Green motherboard
-Processor Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz
-4x1gb supertalent ram
-500gb hdd
-windows 7 home premium 64bit

my budget really is about $150 but if a card is good ill save up to about $200...
a b Î Nvidia
June 24, 2012 1:49:55 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$139 after rebate the cheapest option

this would be a good choice http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$185 after rebate hawk edition

This would be better- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$209 after rebate but this is an Asus direct cu II top model so the gpu is handpicked and top quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now this is an interesting deal, a hd 7770 for only $109 after rebate. So if you could get 2 of these for $218, that would be the best deal ever. The crossfire would perform almost as good as a high end gtx580 and you are paying less than the price of a gtx560 ti. The card is pretty cool and quiet and even at crossfire, it draws less power than a single gtx 560, so your antect 500w psu would do just fine. Also your motherboard seems to have 2 pci express x16 slots( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) but double check just in case. This is the best upgrade you can have from that price range.
June 24, 2012 2:36:07 AM


Man you can not tell how good that last option sounds to me. I will definitely do that, the only problem is that as of now, i only have enough for one card. Can I buy one card and then buy the other at a later time?

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
June 24, 2012 2:49:38 AM
Share

you sure can :D  a single hd7770 is still heaps better than the gt430.

just make sure you get an identical model later on when you get the second one.
June 24, 2012 2:56:40 AM

Best answer selected by genatkachuk.
June 24, 2012 2:57:32 AM

shamsmu said:
you sure can :D  a single hd7770 is still heaps better than the gt430.

just make sure you get an identical model later on when you get the second one.


I've got to say, you were a great help to me. Thanks! :D 
a b Î Nvidia
June 24, 2012 3:04:16 AM

no problem! enjoy and let us know how everything goes.
!