tigidig2x

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012
Hi guys, im currently having a problem with my CPU temperature. i have a core i3 2100 3.4 GHz which goes temperature up to 60-70. It has stock heatsink, and unbranded case or more like generic. the case has only two fan slots. Now guys im thinking, to buy heatsink but the heatsink i like doesnt fit in my case, so i will buy a decent case but i will use a stock heatsink. Do you think it would be a good idea? I will buy a case that like HEC Cougar Volant 67M5 USB 3.0 Sata Dock or if you can recommend a better case but if possible closer or cheaper price than HEC Cougar. Do you think it would be good? Im also planning to just open the other side of the case so i will have a better airflow. Please give your recommendations in me on this. Tell me if my solution is good. Please. thanks.

tigidig2x

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012

But if i replace the heatsink i chose. it wouldnt fit in my computer case. And if i chose the my other option of heatsink which is smaller, it is also more expensive and i cant afford. I have Asus motherboard and core i3 processor.

Can you please tell me, that using the stock heatsink and upgrading to a decent case would solve my problem?

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I 3's aren't hard to cool have you thought about cleaning and reapplying the thermal paste on the CPU, and maybe just mod the case ie: cut a hole in the side and add a fan shooting straight at the CPU

tigidig2x

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012

I think its pointless to reapply a thermal paste to the CPU since, i bought this computer about 2 months ago. My case also has a fan in the side and yes, its shooting straight at the CPU but still it is hot for like 65-70 when playing and 50-65 when idle.

CoryJamaul

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
CPUs like this don't often overheat. He advised you to reapply thermal paste because that can often fix the problem (When the computer is fist constructed, they don't always do a very good job with that). We're trying to save you money, and trust me, its a great deal easier to reapply thermal paste and get a new CPU fan and heatsink than getting a new case and transferring everything over. If you give me the formfactor of your motherboard or even exact model, I can probably find you a fan and heatsink that will work.