No connection on wired or wireless

kenbb1983

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I'm working on a computer that has no connectivity on wired or wireless connections. the wired eth card is a broadcom netlink card and the wireless adapter is an atheros ar5007eg. I found the drivers for the wireless on acer.com and removed the driver that was on here at first and put the one from acer. i cant find a network in range but device manager says its working fine. Then I found out the wired connection isnt working either and im getting the same messages from windows troubleshooter. It says both are "experiencing driver or hardware related issues and "make sure your internet protocol bindings are correct - ensure that ipv4 and ipv6 are selected in the config for the network adapter". it links me to the connection properties and ipv4 and ipv6 are checked off for both. futhermore, in the connection status window it says i have no ipv4 or ipv6 connectivity. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Solution
If you tested the connections with another PC and it can connect fine, and you can re-install Windows, that would be a great way to start to find the fix.

kenbb1983

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I'm trying to fix it for a client at my house and I'm connecting to wired and wireless fine on the pcs in my house. I'm about to reinstall windows now. Hopefully thats all I have to do. If it doesn't work ill troubleshoot a bit more and if that doesnt work ill suggest they buy a usb wireless adapter.

mf2780

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
I dimly remember having a similar issue once. It ended up being some of the preloaded software (support and all that crap) had a place where hardware could be turned off. It would look like its turned on through device manager and all test came back good it just wouldnt connect.