Sign in with
Your question

Front audio jack not working

Last response: in Systems
August 12, 2012 11:06:55 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently built a new PC. Everything on it works perfectly, except for when I try to plug speaker into the front jack, it's not recognized by my computer. Anyone have any suggestions on this? (My build is in my signature).

I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Motherboard, and my case is an Antec Gaming One Illusion mid tower. Everything else on my PC is working perfectly, and I'm pretty sure (about 99%) that I connected the front audio jack correctly to my motherboard. Any input would be much appreciated as always.

Thanks!!!!!
August 13, 2012 4:40:40 AM

You have to plug in the front panel audio connector into the HD Audio/AC97 port on the motherboard. Then configure it in the BIOS under input devices. Choose HD Audio over AC79 - the ASRock supports it :D 
m
l
August 13, 2012 8:48:25 AM

Thrallsman said:
You have to plug in the front panel audio connector into the HD Audio/AC97 port on the motherboard. Then configure it in the BIOS under input devices. Choose HD Audio over AC79 - the ASRock supports it :D 

I'm currently using Turtle Beach PX21's, which uses a USB for the mic, and connects to the green audio connecter via the back of the computer. I want to use my computer speakers, which I need to plug into the green audio connector in the front of my computer. Will this work with my headset plugged in as well? I want to be able to use both whenever I want.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2012 9:17:48 AM

Sometimes when you have something plugged into the rear the front don't work. Confirm it by unplugging the rear? I bet that is the issue.
m
l
August 13, 2012 12:15:07 PM

daship said:
Sometimes when you have something plugged into the rear the front don't work. Confirm it by unplugging the rear? I bet that is the issue.

The front jack doesn't work even if the rear jack is unplugged. Besides, I want to be able to use both at the same time.
m
l
!