Booting Xp from USB

May 30, 2005 12:35:01 PM

HI Folks!
Is it possible to boot Windows XP from USB,
My mohterboard supports boot from USB.....
PLz detailed asnwers..
Bye

More about : booting usb

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:40:43 PM

Windows cannot boot from an USB drive. If your computer supports
booting from such device, you can load a boot loader to the USB device
which starts Windows XP from the hard drive. However, you cannot
install Windows XP on any external drive or USB device.

How-To: Boot Windows XP Off a Compact Flash Card
http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/425/how-to_boot_windo...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP