Sign in with
Your question

Logon Process Initialization Failure

Last response: in Windows 7
February 6, 2012 9:27:56 AM

Wondering if you of you techie guys out there could immediately respond to the problem here ' Interactive logon process initialization has failed please consult the event log for more details'. Now I couldn't go pass this message to log on the system to get to the desktop after a boot scan by AVAST antivirus run. The message just hang in there with no log on screen. Need your tips.
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2012 9:33:22 AM

reboot? legitimate version of windows?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2012 1:32:31 PM

can you press f8 on boot and select repair?

if so use this to try a restore point from before the problem--or automatic startup repair

if not you may have to use a live cd to browse to the event log--then copy the event log read it on another pc then

copy a working copy of the corrupt file back to the faulty pc--this is a bit more complicated though

the event log should be somewhere like

c\system32\winevt\Logs\Application.evtx
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2012 1:48:38 PM

gotta love the immediate response required and then going quiet for 7 hours (theres a double post from 3 hours previous to this first post)
m
l
March 28, 2013 5:10:20 PM

I Have this same problem but my laptop is a netbook and has no CD drive. Also can this be performed with any other windows 7 or must it be the same like home basic/home basic etc
m
l
!