Need a low profile card, unsure about psu.

Ambrose01

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
My brother just got a low-end new computer, and I'm wondering if I can get some sort of a graphics card so he can play a few better games on it.

He's just played his way through Half Life 2, and was wanting catch up with some games that he's missed over the past few years. He mentioned games like Bioshock, Saints Row 2, GTA4, Arkham Asylum, and Wolfenstien. Not nescessarily the most modern games, and he doesn't need them to look great (which is impossible with this pc anyway)

It's this computer, to be precise: www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PT.SGK02.026 So the card will need to be low profile and pci express 16.

The psu is a Liteon PS-5221-06A2, and the label reads
+3.3V & +5V total output cannot exceed 80W
+3.3V & +5V & +12 & -12V & +5Sb total output cannot exceed 220W

According to CPU-Z, the mobo is an Acer X3990, and the sticker printed on the inside reads
H61H2-AD
15-Y61-011000

Monitor is 1280x1024

He's actually got Arkham Ayslum, and it almost runs with an acceptable frame rate on medium settings.

Your very welcome!As far as brand goes Asus or MSI or Sapphire would be better IMO.If you are done,then please select any suitable best answer to mark the thread as 'solved' :)

Contrastic

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
That card linked above is NOT low profile. Although he is right about the 7750 being the best choice. Sapphire and Power Color both just announced low profile 7750's. I'm in the same boat right now, waiting for it to be available for sale.