Sign in with
Your question

Mouse Movement Over Google Chrome Generates Headphone Noise

December 28, 2012 8:12:27 AM

Hello,

I seem to be having a small issue with my headphones/mouse. Whenever I move my computer mouse over/across a Google Chrome window (this is currently the only known instance of this happening) I can hear a very soft, metallic, humming noise. This appears to be a rare problem as I have not found any solutions after searching and troubleshooting.

What I know:

- It is not the headphone cord (the cord can be taken off, and when substituted with another the noise remained).
- It is not the mouse usb port (although this mouse does have trouble with one of the usb ports on my computer, I don't think that is related to this issue).
- It is not a ground-loop.
- It is not a driver issue (I've updated all graphics, usb, audio, etc. drivers in an attempt to solve this to no avail.)
- Turning off c1e in the BIOS does not solve the issue (I saw this recommended in several other threads however I do not believe this is a capacitor issue).
- Turning the volume all the way up or muting the volume does not effect the loudness of the noise.
- This noise only seems to happen when the mouse is in motion over a Google Chrome window (regardless of whether it is in the background or foreground).

- It DOES have something to do with this mouse (another mouse I tried experienced no noise).
- It DOES have something to do with the front headphones-in jack (plugging the headphones into the rear jack resulted in no noise).

Any ideas?

System specs:
CPU: intel core i5 ivy bridge 3570k
HDDs: One Samsung Spinpoint f3, one Caviar Black
SSD: OS installed on this - Samsung 830
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
PSU: Corsair TX 750
RAM: 8gb (2x4) DDR3 1600
Mouse: Cyborg M.M.O. 7
Headphones: V-Moda M-80
!