Nokia 6200 help...

Last response: in Brands
August 21, 2004 3:50:03 PM

I know this phone isn't the best...but it has AWESOME signal strength and
good battery life. I have a couple of questions that maybe some one on here
can answer. Is there a setting for the backlight time? It's on for like 5
seconds or less, then shuts off. I need to make it longer. It's starting to
drive me nuts and have yet to find that option anywhere. I never owned a
phone that didn't have it as an option. I hope it does.

Also, what exactly is GPRS? I can never connect to it to SHOP RINGTONES. I
am assuming it needs to be turned on with the plan or some thing? Could that
be it? Also, if anyone else has input on this Nokia 6200 phone or tips they
can give me...I would be very appreciated!

I'm also looking for the easiest way to get some ringtones in this thing. I
do have
a data cable coming soon and I assume this would be the way. Can I upload
normal MIDI files right to the phone and use them as a ringer? I'm new to
this
type of stuff since my old V60 didn't do any of this stuff. I've always just
stuck
to the simple stock shitty tones that phone came with. Now, I have this 6200
for work and it's capable doing much more and want to start using it. Maybe
there's a website dedicated for this phone model or some thing? Well,
anything
that anyone can provide would be great!

More about : nokia 6200

Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:43:53 PM

"Killer Madness" <killer@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:o aKVc.566$ok3.282@fe32.usenetserver.com...
> I know this phone isn't the best...but it has AWESOME signal strength and
> good battery life. I have a couple of questions that maybe some one on
here
> can answer. Is there a setting for the backlight time? It's on for like 5
> seconds or less, then shuts off. I need to make it longer. It's starting
> drive me nuts and have yet to find that option anywhere. I never owned a
> phone that didn't have it as an option. I hope it does.

As far as I know you can't change the backlight setting's (either
on-off-default timed)

> Also, what exactly is GPRS? I can never connect to it to SHOP RINGTONES. I
> am assuming it needs to be turned on with the plan or some thing? Could
that
> be it? Also, if anyone else has input on this Nokia 6200 phone or tips
they
> can give me...I would be very appreciated!

You'll have to get this function turned on by your provider, then hopefully
they'll send you the GPRS Setting for you phone.

> I'm also looking for the easiest way to get some ringtones in this thing.
> do have
> a data cable coming soon and I assume this would be the way. Can I upload
> normal MIDI files right to the phone and use them as a ringer? I'm new to
> this
> type of stuff since my old V60 didn't do any of this stuff. I've always
just
> stuck
> to the simple stock shitty tones that phone came with. Now, I have this
6200
> for work and it's capable doing much more and want to start using it.
Maybe
> there's a website dedicated for this phone model or some thing? Well,
> anything
> that anyone can provide would be great!

There are a large number of sites out there that offer free ringtones and
stuff, here's a couple.

ACEGames
http://www.acegames.gsmhosting.net/Forum/index.php free!! forum site
http://www.acegames.btinternet.co.uk/index.wml free!! wap site

Summerston
http://summerston.net/ free!! you can use this site in conjunction to the
wap i.e.. pick the song/wallpaper you want get the WAP code then, use you
phone to down load.
http://summerston.net/forum/index.php free!! recently upgraded so you'll
have to bare with us.
http://summerston.net/wap/index.wml free!! surf around on your phone or use
the main WWW site to get a WAP code and grab that file with ease

Hope this help's

Cheers,

Dave
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 2:08:40 AM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:50:03 -0400, "Killer Madness"
<killer@nospam.net> wrote:

>I know this phone isn't the best...but it has AWESOME signal strength and
>good battery life. I have a couple of questions that maybe some one on here
>can answer. Is there a setting for the backlight time? It's on for like 5
>seconds or less, then shuts off. I need to make it longer. It's starting to
>drive me nuts and have yet to find that option anywhere. I never owned a
>phone that didn't have it as an option. I hope it does.
>
>Also, what exactly is GPRS? I can never connect to it to SHOP RINGTONES. I
>am assuming it needs to be turned on with the plan or some thing? Could that
>be it? Also, if anyone else has input on this Nokia 6200 phone or tips they
>can give me...I would be very appreciated!
>
>I'm also looking for the easiest way to get some ringtones in this thing. I
>do have
>a data cable coming soon and I assume this would be the way. Can I upload
>normal MIDI files right to the phone and use them as a ringer? I'm new to
>this
>type of stuff since my old V60 didn't do any of this stuff. I've always just
>stuck
>to the simple stock shitty tones that phone came with. Now, I have this 6200
>for work and it's capable doing much more and want to start using it. Maybe
>there's a website dedicated for this phone model or some thing? Well,
>anything
>that anyone can provide would be great!

Don't think you can change the backlight time on this one.

GRPS does require a subscription from your carrier.

Ringtones can come in WAP, or you can convert your midi files and use
the Nokia data suite. I use mine with the IR port that is built in...
!