I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players but
I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine. It
asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I must have
put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Where do I go do
see it?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.

"Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
> I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
> but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
> It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I must
> have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Where do
> I go do see it?

Thanks for your reply. Dell advised me to reinstall the
software(which I did). It appears that the DVD I am trying to play (Blade
3) has a rating not in my CyberLink DVD player that was added to my computer
at time of purchase. Of course, there is a 39.95$ upgrade offered! This
is my third time asking Dell support for help or assistance. All three
replies have been, "Sorry!"
> My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
> for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.
>
> "Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
>> I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
>> but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
>> It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I
>> must have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was.
>> Where do I go do see it?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have been reading about Dell's reputation going downhill. You just added
to it. I guess that's why I've been building my own systems for years.
> Thanks for your reply. Dell advised me to reinstall the
> software(which I did). It appears that the DVD I am trying to play (Blade
> 3) has a rating not in my CyberLink DVD player that was added to my
> computer at time of purchase. Of course, there is a 39.95$ upgrade
> offered! This is my third time asking Dell support for help or
> assistance. All three replies have been, "Sorry!"
> "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
>> My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
>> for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.
>>
>> "Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
>>> I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
>>> but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
>>> It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I
>>> must have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was.
>>> Where do I go do see it?

Just one more reason not to use bundled limited programs that come with a PC.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........