DVD password change?

I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players but
I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine. It
asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I must have
put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Where do I go do
see it?
4 answers Last reply
More about password change

    My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
    for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.

    "Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
    > I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
    > but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
    > It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I must
    > have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Where do
    > I go do see it?

    Thanks for your reply. Dell advised me to reinstall the
    software(which I did). It appears that the DVD I am trying to play (Blade
    3) has a rating not in my CyberLink DVD player that was added to my computer
    at time of purchase. Of course, there is a 39.95$ upgrade offered! This
    is my third time asking Dell support for help or assistance. All three
    replies have been, "Sorry!"
    > My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
    > for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.
    >
    > "Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
    >> I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
    >> but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
    >> It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I
    >> must have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was.
    >> Where do I go do see it?

    I have been reading about Dell's reputation going downhill. You just added
    to it. I guess that's why I've been building my own systems for years.
    > Thanks for your reply. Dell advised me to reinstall the
    > software(which I did). It appears that the DVD I am trying to play (Blade
    > 3) has a rating not in my CyberLink DVD player that was added to my
    > computer at time of purchase. Of course, there is a 39.95$ upgrade
    > offered! This is my third time asking Dell support for help or
    > assistance. All three replies have been, "Sorry!"
    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    >> My guess would be somewhere in the Registry.Try searching on the filename
    >> for the Dell DVD player. Beyond that - ask Dell.
    >>
    >> "Erild" <noway@manyways.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players
    >>> but I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine.
    >>> It asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I
    >>> must have put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was.
    >>> Where do I go do see it?

    Just one more reason not to use bundled limited programs that come with a PC.
    --
    That's just like my opinion, Man........

    "Erild" wrote:

    > I have been watching DVD's using RealAudio and Windows media players but
    > I would like to return to the Dell player that came with my machine. It
    > asks me for a password so I can watch R rated movies. I assume I must have
    > put one in some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Where do I go do
    > see it?

Configuration DVD Microsoft Customization Windows XP