Moving to Sweden, what do I need?

Mastashake15

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I'm about to move to Sweden from the US and I'm going to be bringing my computer with me. My PSU can do either 110 or 220/240. I'm wondering is it ok to use a simple adapter that changes the socket style or are they not considered stable/safe to use with a computer?

http://i.imgur.com/LOzdd.jpg - If I simply plug my US PSU cable into that and then plug that into a Swedish surge protector will that be all I need to do?

Also, for my monitor I have an Acer LCd and I can't find anywhere in the manual on whether or not it is compatible with 220/240 but is it safe to assume that it is? I would just need another simple adapter for this as well right?

Thanks for any help =)

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

This ALL you need: http://i.imgur.com/LOzdd.jpg

dingo07

Distinguished

There should be indication of the power requirements on the back panel, either molded into the panel or on a sticker. If it will handle 230V, then yes, all you would need is another adapter.

dingo07

Distinguished
I've never been to Sweden, so I would hold off on the parts unless you can confirm they are Shucko type. Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the Netherlands I've been to and it is Shucko. UK has it's own BIG connector.

It makes more sense to get the power strip local when you are there as well.

You can use Europlugs in practically all of continental Europe (not Gibraltar).

G

that is arrogant thinking.

also it is highly respectful when visiting a foreign country to at least speak some of the native tongue.

dingo07

Distinguished

it's not "arrogant thinking" - it's fact

I have a friend who IS Swedish and lives in Stockholm - and i certainly don't need YOU telling me anything about what to do with regard to speaking native tongue, having lived in the countries I've mentioned

G

well, i did :p

deal with it arrogant american

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

+1 to you sir! i hate jealous people.... btw, did you like my hometown?? Germany :D

G

nice!

you are showing some maturity there pal.

but lets see while in the navy i was in spain, france, italy, yugoslavia (the first u.s. ship in a communist port since 1945!) egypt, beruit, switzerland, greece and sicily. and the biggest way to show respect when being a guest in a country was to learn some of the native language.

and that is what i am suggesting the OP do; learn some of the language . .why is that a problem?

but considering your past replies, i can understand how the concept of respect escapes you.

So you haven't even been to Northern Europe, and you presume to educate people on how to act in Sweden? :pfff:

As a Scandinavian myself, I'd say nobody would expect you to know anything of the local language when you arrive. And honestly, most of us prefer just getting things across easily in English instead of the difficulty of communicating with someone in a language they're only marginally familiar with. There's nothing worse than a tourist with one of those little traveler's dictionaries.

But what do I know about Sweden, I'm just a danskjävel. :p

G

not trying to educate anyone about anything; merely suggesting to the OP for the sake of communicating to pick up a book for reference.

why that is very considerate and i am sure the OP is very relieved to not worry as much of there being any language barrier. though my experiences in what foreign soil i have stepped on is the local people are very pleased that a visitor would take an interest in learning the language and have always been very patient and helpful in acquiring the skills to do so; some of even passed the time with me and made a game of it for the entertainment of us both. that was especially enjoyable when the local alcoholic beverage was involved.

oh, now at face value i would think you are a japanese steakhouse. the wonderful thing about the internet; anybody can be anything from behind a keyboard; even a dane who claims to be swedish

cheers! :)