Does this PC need more cooling?

Tacostand10

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the specs of the PC i put below needs more cooling? I would be willing to add to 2 more case cooling fans if anyone thinks it's necessary. Also, and advice for maybe a different case that costs around the same or less that would be better? Thanks a bunch!

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-2500K 3.3GHz 6MB QUAD CORE

INTEL COPPER HEAVY DUTY LGA 1155/1366/2011 COOLING FAN

Asus P8H67-M PRO/CSM LGA1155/ Intel H67/ DDR3/ CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ MATX Motherboard

8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel

SEAGATE / WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s

22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER

ATI RADEON HD 6770 1GB DDR5 2DVI HDMI/Disp-Port CrossFire PCI-EXP Video Card

REALTEK 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD

REALTEK 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard)

APEVIA X-Plorer2 Case w/ Side Window-Black

hec X ORION 585 WATT POWER SUPPLY (MEDIUM LOAD)

Solution
seeing as how it looks like you're not going to overclock any time soon, and you're getting a mid-range card, unless you live in a desert or the AC's broken, the two intake and outtake fans that usually comes with most cases should do.

not familiar with the case but based on newegg's price, only other case that comes to mind for around that price is the HAF912 and Fractal Design Core 3000.

Hazle

Distinguished
seeing as how it looks like you're not going to overclock any time soon, and you're getting a mid-range card, unless you live in a desert or the AC's broken, the two intake and outtake fans that usually comes with most cases should do.

not familiar with the case but based on newegg's price, only other case that comes to mind for around that price is the HAF912 and Fractal Design Core 3000.

Solution

Tacostand10

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for responding by the way, if you cold just answer something for me, if I were to switch ou this motherboard with an Asus p67 would it make a difference wit the amout of cooling needed? And would you recommend more cooling if. Ever we're to over lock this machine just a bit? Thanks.

Tacostand10

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Do you think the msi p67a-gd55 would be a better option for a motherboard? Also, could I over lock in the the future a tad bit with this mother board and cooling? Would I need to add some case cooling fans? And could this motherboard handle it? Thanks I would love a reply.

Tacostand10

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Do you think the msi p67a-gd55 would be an ok option, and would the case need more cooling to OC? Because I could add some fans if necessary, sorry ima newbie.

Hazle

Distinguished
if you get a P67, and overclock the CPU, you most like want a third party CPU heatsink before anything else. the popular suggestion is the CM hyper 212 EVO /PLUS. the Hyper 101 or Hyper TX is ok for the price, but not as good. you COULD still use the intel stock heatsink if you OC low, though you're not going to see any low temps nor would you need to worry for high ones as well.

adding case fans do help a fair bit, but do keep in mind the case internal pressure;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressure-heatsink,3058-5.html

if you're OCing, i suggest you focus on CPU heatsink first, case fan second.