A strange twittering sound for a few seconds when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyritz

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I built my first computer last week and its been running fine. Everything is stable, no crashes, fast boot and performance.

However, when I play games like Shogun 2 or Dishonored every hour or so (it varies), for a few seconds there is a fluttering beeping sound, the best way I can describe it is a sort of twittering. Its like 5 really quick beeps that go up in pitch. The last time I was playing Dishonored it happened twice in 5 minutes. I can keep on playing and everything is just fine, no lags or crashes. It only happens when I'm playing games.

When I close and check the temps they're all in range, cpu doesn't breach 40 degrees and gpu doesn't go north of 50.

I haven't connected any speaker to my motherboard (ASRock Extreme 4) and it doesn't have an inbuilt one so I don't know where its coming from.

Could it be an alert of some type about fan speeds or temperatures?

Solution
If you can get your money back for it I'd go with a different PSU for sure.. Many people on the youtube video have had the same problem, so what's to say it won't happen again if you get it replaced? and again.. and so on?

could be a windows or mb power settings...I would go in and make sure your network card and hard drive are set not to spin down. also make sure your running the newest bios on your mb and firmware on your ssd if you have one.

dannyritz

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I think its the graphics card fan, it only comes when I'm playing games, and now there are small variants to the sound, like a tiny squeak that comes once or twice. Its not constant at all, thats what makes it so hard to detect.

Any thoughts?

help n33d3d

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
If you can get your money back for it I'd go with a different PSU for sure.. Many people on the youtube video have had the same problem, so what's to say it won't happen again if you get it replaced? and again.. and so on?

Solution

dannyritz

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
The shop I bought it from won't give my money back, but I could get it replaced...It only happens for a few seconds when I'm gaming. I could live with it. The main question is will it damage my other parts or break down if I don't get it replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS