Cannot install display driver

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Gigabyte
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 23, 2012 1:09:15 PM

just bought a new gigabyte hd radeon 7750 and cannot install display driver,it says no display driver been installed or the driver is not working properly something like that

thank you

More about : install display driver

June 23, 2012 2:02:54 PM

aazzam14 said:
just bought a new gigabyte hd radeon 7750 and cannot install display driver,it says no display driver been installed or the driver is not working properly something like that

thank you

check that you have all the power plugs to the video card plugged in and that the gpu fan is moving. also check that you installed the video card in the right pci video slot. if there two blue slots one is for the main video card the other is for the sli card. also you have to move the video cable from the mb to the new video card. if the card is working you shoudl see the bios post screen at power up on your monitor. on the newer mb you have to change the first video boot device from iped to pci.
m
l
June 23, 2012 2:28:57 PM

my video card have no power plugs and the gnu fan is moving.my mb only have 1 pcie slot,and i don't understand the 4 to the last phrase.

thank you for responding
m
l
Related resources
June 23, 2012 3:30:30 PM

Hi aazzam - After you installed your card and you hooked your monitor up to your card, when you boot-up do you see anything on the monitor or do you just get a black screen? Does it get into Windows?

If you can see everything and get into Windows then you need to go to AMD's website and download the latest drivers for your card. Don't use the disk that came with the card - they don't always include drivers that work. Use the latest downloaded from AMD. First make sure you uninstall your previous graphics drivers (like if you had a NVIDIA card before, make sure you uninstall the NVIDIA display drivers). Even if you had an AMD card before, you should uninstall the previous drivers. Then after uninstalling the previous drivers, reboot and then install the latest from AMD.
m
l
June 23, 2012 4:00:53 PM

thank you for responding, but unfortunately it docent work but can i use driver sweeper and then install the driver from AMD.com

update:i got it the problem is that the old files from pervious drivers are not uninstalled correctly and after using driver sweeper and then use driver downloaded from AMD's website it works
m
l

Best solution

June 23, 2012 4:08:57 PM

Yes - Run Driver Sweeper in Windows Safe Mode (Press F8 repeatedly when you boot your computer to enter windows advanced startup options). Then when it's done, reboot into normal windows and install the driver you downloaded from AMD's site.

Make sure you have your monitor hooked up to the new graphics card and not the integrated video (if you have integrated) - this will ensure that your new card is actually working, otherwise you wouldn't see anything.
September 29, 2012 11:37:39 PM

Best answer selected by aazzam14.
m
l
!