Sign in with
Your question

How to boot a laptop from another one?

Last response: in CPUs
December 28, 2012 1:38:38 PM

My lenovo laptop has a broken hard disk (probably). I want to connect it with an acer laptop to boot from acer. What kind of cable I need to do this?
help pls :( 

More about : boot laptop

December 28, 2012 5:44:39 PM

Thnx for answering but I did not understand anything..I did not understand the video and what WinPE is :( 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2012 7:16:50 PM

Let me try to explain it to you.
All or most network adapters have what we call PXE mode.
This is most commonly used on networks where for example the host computer does not contain a hard disk drive where the operating system is loaded from.
Instead when in PXE mode is set up on the network adapter it uses this to load the OS from a central server over the network. WinPE is what is used as the stored on the central server, and when a request to run it from a network device it runs or installs itself to the system requesting it loading the os to the system memory of the machine.
Ie: The first laptop.
a b à CPUs
a c 248 D Laptop
December 28, 2012 8:02:07 PM

weaselman said:
Let me try to explain it to you.
All or most network adapters have what we call PXE mode.
This is most commonly used on networks where for example the host computer does not contain a hard disk drive where the operating system is loaded from.
Instead when in PXE mode is set up on the network adapter it uses this to load the OS from a central server over the network. WinPE is what is used as the stored on the central server, and when a request to run it from a network device it runs or installs itself to the system requesting it loading the os to the system memory of the machine.
Ie: The first laptop.

Hi :) 

Nice description :) 

You forgot the set it in the Bios... etc

Very good though :) 

All the best Brett :) 
!