Sign in with
Your question

Please help please please please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 23, 2012 4:05:43 PM

hello everyone i have an intel dh61ww motherboard with an i3 2100 3.1ghz dont know how to overclock. 4 gb ram. 2gb fully overclocked ati radeon hd5450 through the ati setup. i cant get good game play and its not running smooth if this is what one gets after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars then i preffer buying an xbox or ps than buying or making ones own pc nad one thing is it beacuse i am using the vga port on it instead of the dvi port cause i have an old monitor so i must use vga

More about : please

a b U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 4:13:35 PM

2GB overclocked? WHAT?
what games are you trying to run?
HD 5450 is too weaker card this is my first advice for you to change it. get something latest like HD 6850 or 6870.
June 23, 2012 4:25:24 PM

the graphics card is extremely out dated and when it was released it was one of the lower end cards, you are not going to be able to play any newer games smoothly with that card. You need a better graphics card but that Processor should be fine, depending on what games you are trying to play the first thing you should do is purchase a new graphics card.
Related resources
June 23, 2012 4:52:05 PM

what games are you going to be playing?
a b U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 5:13:04 PM

Quote " if this is what one gets after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars then i preffer buying an xbox or ps"

Normally I try to be helfull, so take this as constructive criticism.
You go what you paid for - A computer that is excellent for email, surfing the web, looking at photos, writing documents in Office, playing the card games built in to windows and some LOW end games. - YOU did NOT build a gaming machine.
Bottom Line here, is learn By your mistakes and RESEARCH before blowing money (IF NOT then YES by all means buy an XBOX).

As others have pointed out - You need to get a GPU that will playthe games you desire.

AS to OC your memory - WHY are you doing this! Run the ram at it's native speed (Default speed for SB is DDR3-1333, which is what you should have bought). Ram above 1333 has VERY little performance gain.
!