Setting up a Dual Monitor Display using a KVM switch

gsmdesign

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to set-up a dual monitor display for both of my computers, using the ioGear Extreme 4-Port KVMP switch & a DVI Cable splitter for the 2nd monitor. That way, I can have the dual monitor capacity when I switch between the 2 computers via the KVMP switch. I have the primary monitor connected to the back of the KVMP switch like it's supposed to & I have the DVI cable splitter connected to my second monitor which then connects to the 2 separate graphics/video card via the DVI splitter cable. The problem I'm having is that when I connect the second monitor via the DVI splitter, I either get no image at all, or I get an out of range error. I've tried changing the resolution setting for the second monitor to see if that would fix the out of range error, but that didn't work. I even tried changing the refresh rate using the NVidia control panel, but I'm only given the option of choosing between 59 or 60 htz. Furthermore, if I just connect the second monitor to my primary computers graphic card, the monitor works fine & I'm able to use the dual monitor set-up for the primary PC, but for some reason I'm unable to get the second monitor to work with the DVI splitter, so that I can have the same dual monitor option with the secondary computer. Am I doing something wrong, any ideas on how I can get it to work for both PC's? Below is a break down of the operating system, monitors & graphic cards I'm using. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- Windows 7 Professional
- Two ViewSonic 22" VX2235WM monitors
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 graphic card for primary computer
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti graphic card for secondary computer
- IoGear ExtremeX multi-platform 4-Port KVMP switch
- DVI cable splitter