Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Will an i3 bottleneck SLI 465's

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 28, 2012 2:23:56 PM

title says it all will an i3 3220+Asrock z77 extreme4(incase i want to upgrade to an i5)bottleneck 2 EVGA 465's in SLI or will i have to overclock budget ~$260

More about : bottleneck sli 465

Best solution

December 28, 2012 2:38:19 PM

You should be alright. At high settings, games are usually more GPU than CPU intensive. Here's some benchmarks of your processor coupled with a 7970:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4170-core-i3-322...
Share
December 28, 2012 2:43:31 PM

ninjafishh said:
You should be alright. At high settings, games are usually more GPU than CPU intensive. Here's some benchmarks of your processor coupled with a 7970:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4170-core-i3-322...

thank you i did have a C2D in the system and i'm on a budget so i'm seeing if the new cpu won't bottleneck the graphic cards as much as the C2D it was terrible only 25-35%usage on the cards in BF3 while the cpu was at 100% and overclocked i would only get 25 fps max oh it was terrible but anyways thank for your help
Score
0
Related resources
December 28, 2012 2:47:41 PM

devilofdeaths said:
thank you i did have a C2D in the system and i'm on a budget so i'm seeing if the new cpu won't bottleneck the graphic cards as much as the C2D it was terrible only 25-35%usage on the cards in BF3 while the cpu was at 100% and overclocked i would only get 25 fps max oh it was terrible but anyways thank for your help


Good lord, the difference between an ivy bridge i3-3220 and even the highest end C2D is huge. It's going to be a great upgrade :D 
Score
0
December 28, 2012 2:53:04 PM

Best answer selected by devilofdeaths.
Score
0
December 28, 2012 2:53:15 PM

ninjafishh said:
Good lord, the difference between an ivy bridge i3-3220 and even the highest end C2D is huge. It's going to be a great upgrade :D 

ya although i may save up for a 3570k still undecided but what can you do :D 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2012 3:05:02 PM

I'd just save up for the 3570k then your future proof (for a while anyway) decision decisions decisions
Score
0
December 28, 2012 3:08:05 PM

papablista said:
I'd just save up for the 3570k then your future proof (for a while anyway) decision decisions decisions

oh but it is fun making those decisions
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2012 3:44:54 PM

devilofdeaths said:
oh but it is fun making those decisions


Yes they are.

What resolution do you game at?

I game on my 2nd PC at 1440x900 with a Core2Duo e8400 and it doesnt bottleneck me. And I have had as powerful as a 560ti in there.
Score
0
December 28, 2012 3:48:18 PM

yarmock said:
Yes they are.

What resolution do you game at?

I game on my 2nd PC at 1440x900 with a Core2Duo e8400 and it doesnt bottleneck me. And I have had as powerful as a 560ti in there.

1600x900 and i learned through google that 2 465's in SLI are equal to a 670 in some tests,660Ti in others also the C2D was a e7500
Score
0
!