Best GPU medium/entry level

devilofsky

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hi guys :D

i'm looking for a graphic card for both working (video mounting) and playin and i've 100€ in the pocket...

what could you suggest for the price? i saw the hd7770... what do you think?

Thanks!!

:hello:

What is the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU? A HD7750 is the strongest card you can get that does not require an auxiliary power connection.
In order of performance:
HD6850 >= HD7770 > HD6770 > HD7750 > HD6670. Especially at this performance level, you do not need a card with more than 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM on it; never mind what marketing droids may utter.

devilofsky

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010

A WellyPro :??: :sarcastic: but it provides 28A a +12V

i know i should change it but until now it ever worked fine

I would say get whatever HD6000 series or HD7000 series gets the best benchmarks for the price range.

The HD7000 is newer, but the advantages in a slightly superior architecture may not translate into a better value at that price range.

It's possible that an HD6850 or similar is a better value but I haven't checked prices in UK funds.

At any rate, just compare benchmarks. I'm not sure if OpenCL would benefit him or not, but check those too just in case. My research indicates OpenCL is not yet a big deal. For example Adobe CS6 only had one plugin which supported it but say they will have more for CS7 and CS8 in several years should heavily support it but by then a new computer or card would be used.

devilofsky

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
i still don't know... at the moment i'm usin the sandy bridge

i've 100€ and i dont know if buyin an hd ssd or the gc

Given that the OP's PSU is of uncertain quality, I'd choose the HD7770 over the HD6850. It is so close in performance as makes little difference, but uses a lot less power to provide it.