WoW down?

Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.

www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
log in, either.

Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
status page...

Thanks in advance!
5 answers Last reply
More about down

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:11:43 -0700, "Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing>
    wrote:

    >Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
    >
    >www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
    >I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
    >log in, either.
    >
    >Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
    >status page...
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    I'm getting exactly the same problems here (Oregon, U.S.). Is there
    maintenance scheduled? I'd usually check the web site but, as Geoff
    says, that's down too.

    "cluedweasel" <cluedweasel@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:11:43 -0700, "Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
    >>
    >>www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the
    >>game,
    >>I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
    >>log in, either.
    >>
    >>Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
    >>status page...
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance!
    >>

    > I'm getting exactly the same problems here (Oregon, U.S.). Is there
    > maintenance scheduled? I'd usually check the web site but, as Geoff
    > says, that's down too.

    Upon further investigation, I see today was scheduled maintenance (I am
    normally at work on Tuesdays), and it should of ended at 11AM PST.

    I guess they've entended it.

    "Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing> wrote in message
    > Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
    >
    > www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game, I
    > get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't log
    > in, either.
    >
    > Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
    > status page...
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    You must be new here....WOW is always down on Tuesdays, for anywhere from 8-24
    hours. And during that time the website and forums barely work either. Get
    used to it :)

    Geoff wrote:
    > Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
    >
    > www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
    > I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
    > log in, either.
    >
    > Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
    > status page...
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Some sort of Update to fix eh em... "performance issues" What ever that
    means. Why they took every server down is beyond me.... The webserver
    was up and down all morning probly due to the fact that the serverstatus
    screen and the support news are on two different areas on the website.
    Causing people to look for the news that should be on the first page you
    bring up. Not that I really care. The game is cool when it works. Hehe
    they must know it.

    JaY

    On 2005-07-27 17:22:31 +0200, JaY <puggsley@hotmail.com> said:

    > Some sort of Update to fix eh em... "performance issues" What ever that
    > means. Why they took every server down is beyond me.... The webserver
    > was up and down all morning probly due to the fact that the
    > serverstatus screen and the support news are on two different areas on
    > the website. Causing people to look for the news that should be on the
    > first page you bring up. Not that I really care. The game is cool when
    > it works. Hehe they must know it.

    It is basicly a maintenance of the servers. Rebooting the server,
    resetting some stuff, doing integrity checks on the database. Prolly
    indexing database as well and some other operations that should improve
    server performance, but cant be run constantly because of the time it
    takes to run these operations.
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Games Warcraft World Of Warcraft Video Games