WoW down?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 26, 2005 4:11:43 PM

Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.

www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
log in, either.

Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
status page...

Thanks in advance!

More about : wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 26, 2005 4:34:55 PM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:11:43 -0700, "Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing>
wrote:

>Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
>
>www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
>I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
>log in, either.
>
>Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
>status page...
>
>Thanks in advance!

I'm getting exactly the same problems here (Oregon, U.S.). Is there
maintenance scheduled? I'd usually check the web site but, as Geoff
says, that's down too.
July 26, 2005 4:38:20 PM

"cluedweasel" <cluedweasel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:11:43 -0700, "Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing>
> wrote:
>
>>Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
>>
>>www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the
>>game,
>>I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
>>log in, either.
>>
>>Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
>>status page...
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>

> I'm getting exactly the same problems here (Oregon, U.S.). Is there
> maintenance scheduled? I'd usually check the web site but, as Geoff
> says, that's down too.

Upon further investigation, I see today was scheduled maintenance (I am
normally at work on Tuesdays), and it should of ended at 11AM PST.

I guess they've entended it.
Related resources
July 27, 2005 3:35:36 AM

"Geoff" <askme@forthereal.thing> wrote in message
> Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
>
> www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game, I
> get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't log
> in, either.
>
> Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
> status page...
>
> Thanks in advance!

You must be new here....WOW is always down on Tuesdays, for anywhere from 8-24
hours. And during that time the website and forums barely work either. Get
used to it :)
July 27, 2005 12:22:31 PM

Geoff wrote:
> Forgive me if this was asked already, but I couldn't find anything.
>
> www.worldofwarcraft.com will not come up for me. And when I enter the game,
> I get to the Suggest a Realm screen, and can't move past that. So, I can't
> log in, either.
>
> Something happening that I don't know about? I obviously can't check the
> status page...
>
> Thanks in advance!

Some sort of Update to fix eh em... "performance issues" What ever that
means. Why they took every server down is beyond me.... The webserver
was up and down all morning probly due to the fact that the serverstatus
screen and the support news are on two different areas on the website.
Causing people to look for the news that should be on the first page you
bring up. Not that I really care. The game is cool when it works. Hehe
they must know it.

JaY
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 27, 2005 9:37:11 PM

On 2005-07-27 17:22:31 +0200, JaY <puggsley@hotmail.com> said:

> Some sort of Update to fix eh em... "performance issues" What ever that
> means. Why they took every server down is beyond me.... The webserver
> was up and down all morning probly due to the fact that the
> serverstatus screen and the support news are on two different areas on
> the website. Causing people to look for the news that should be on the
> first page you bring up. Not that I really care. The game is cool when
> it works. Hehe they must know it.

It is basicly a maintenance of the servers. Rebooting the server,
resetting some stuff, doing integrity checks on the database. Prolly
indexing database as well and some other operations that should improve
server performance, but cant be run constantly because of the time it
takes to run these operations.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU