Sign in with
Your question

Building a pc. Completely lost and cant decide on the parts.

Last response: in Systems
August 13, 2012 8:51:26 AM

Hi I am completely new on this and i have decided to not only buy a new computer but build it from scratch. But i am having an extremely hard time choosing the parts. I need this computer mostly to just be as fast as possible for internet browsing and other applications. I dont expect to game on it for lack of time and for the fact that i already have an xbox but it being able to run most games would be nice. My budget is around 500

Here are what I chose so far

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Should i go for sometihng little better like the 150 range?

Motherboard: Completely stuck here. I wanted to get an ASUS P8P67 but it seems to be unavailable everywhere,

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($16.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Cheap fan and had a lot of 5 eggs(stars) but i am completley new at this and i dont know if its enough or any good at all

Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)

not much to say here. However i also have 2 1gb sticks at home bumping up my ram to 10 gb so i would like a motherboard with 4 memory slots.

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($56.97 @ Newegg)

Supposedly a pretty good budget video cards from research.

Case: Raidmax ATX-298WY ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.98 @ Newegg)

I really love how it looks but is it a good case and is it big enough?

Power Supply: Kingwin 750W ATX / BTX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Has a lot of watts and is only 50 dollars but once again i dont know if this is any good i just went for the psu with the most watts at the cheapest price.

Storage and optical drive were gifted to me so they are not part of the expense but i got a standard optical drive and 500gb caviar blue storage.

Total: $320.91
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-13 04:43 EDT-0400)
!