I turn on my computer and the screen stays black

Codenamedengus

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
i turn on my computer and my screen stays black. It's not a monitor issue because it runs fine on safe mode. I also tried resetting to a previous date but that didn't work either. I'm running a dell with Windows 7. 6g of RAM. I7 processor ATI Radeon HD4670 graphics card. I think maybe its a driver or card issue but I don't know. Can anyone help? It would be much appreciated.

When did the issue start? Did the computer work in the first place?

I'm assuming you are able to access and see BIOS if you can get into safe mode?

Did you install a new card without installing drivers for it?

Are you connecting your monitor cable directly to your graphics card and not the motherboard?

Codenamedengus

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
The computer ran flawlessly. It started after I moved it but I was very careful when moving. No bumps.

I'm not sure how to access BIOS

No new card

I'm connecting to the spot dell left for me.

roald

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
If it's running fine in safe mode, it's certainly a driver issue. There should also be a safe mode that forces you to ok a driverload b4 it does. When it fails at a driver and everything goes south, you now know which driver is failing you. What sometimes works then, is starting in command prompt mode, removing the offending file (usualy .dll) and then rebooting. It will fail to load and subsequently skipping the file and go to windows. Now reinstall the required driver.

Codenamedengus

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Codenamedengus

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.