Hyper 212 Evo fan not working

Silverhand7

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Recently when using my pc I noticed that it was a lot quieter than normal, so I checked the fans, and while my case and gpu fans were still working fine, the fan on my 212 evo wasn't working. I tried restarting, and while the fan doesn't start manually, if I prod it a little SOME of the time it will start up, but when it does it runs at a much lower rpm than normal, and stops and starts randomly every 5-10 seconds. I tried taking the fan out of the case and cleaning it with a dry cloth, and also tried plugging it in to another fan power slot on my motherboard, neither of these things worked. Any suggestions, or should I just buy a new fan?

Edit: My pc is running fine for now. My case fan is close enough that it can somewhat cool the heatsink, and my idle temps stay about 5 degrees higher than normal, it's only if I'm running on high load that the temps start to get bad.

Silverhand7

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

Don't think it's still under warranty, and I don't have any papers for it if it is. Also, I don't have the stock CPU fan, as this was what was installed when I got the PC.