Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Low FPS (GTX 460) League of Legends & SC2.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Low FPS
  • Hard Drives
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 24, 2012 12:29:43 AM

All of a sudden, after I restarted my computer i'm getting really low fps in games I play like League of Legends and Starcraft 2.

I have updated all my drivers, wiped my hard drive and done a clean install of W7, and attempted to defrag my hard drive though questionably it says 0% fragmented.
I'm a little suspicious it's my HDD and not my CPU or GPU, though I have no idea how to figure out the issue.

Gigabyte GTX460 (Updated driver)
AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ Stock
2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev 2.0 (Updated bios)

I'm capturing my FPS with Fraps, and it says that on League of Legends my fps is around 10-20 on very high settings when normally it's been 58+.

Can someone help me figure this out please? Are there any tests I can run that won't take days or many hours?

More about : low fps gtx 460 league legends sc2

June 24, 2012 2:02:40 AM

you can capture League of Legends fps by pressing CTRL+F
Score
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 2:18:10 AM

Are you recording with Fraps or only monitoring with Fraps?
If recording then a massive frame rate drop is normal.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 4:09:14 AM

Agreed, Though, I use bandicam, which is actually faster then fraps, and also does more then that as well. I tend to get 30 to 40 FPS on my AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz and EVGA Geforce GTX 260 C216
Score
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 5:19:56 AM

What happens when you set the graphics options to low?
Score
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 5:50:47 AM

PsyKhiqZero said:

It speeds up the game at the cost of the visual effects looking bland
Score
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 6:00:09 AM

Usually if lowering the graphics options speeds up the game then the problem is in the GPU or GPU settings. Check the Nvidia control panel and make sure that everything is defaulting to the application settings. Also check and see that it's not forcing any kind os AA or AF in games.

Also see if you can force dx 9 or 10. Updates to startcraft and LoL may have forced DX 11 which would explain a drop in performance. I don't really play either game but it happens with WoW.
Score
June 24, 2012 8:49:37 AM

PsyKhiqZero said:

I set it to medium and i get 30-35fps, and i'm not recording i'm monitoring. Wierd huh? Anyways, I googled harder and found that the latest drivers for Nvidia cards right now (301.72) is having much issues, after reverting to an older one (285.XX) I'm getting better fps.

I used to get 12 fps on the SC2 login menu, and now it's back up to 60+.
Score
June 24, 2012 10:12:53 AM

arcticking said:
All of a sudden, after I restarted my computer i'm getting really low fps in games I play like League of Legends and Starcraft 2.

I have updated all my drivers, wiped my hard drive and done a clean install of W7, and attempted to defrag my hard drive though questionably it says 0% fragmented.
I'm a little suspicious it's my HDD and not my CPU or GPU, though I have no idea how to figure out the issue.

Gigabyte GTX460 (Updated driver)
AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ Stock
2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev 2.0 (Updated bios)

I'm capturing my FPS with Fraps, and it says that on League of Legends my fps is around 10-20 on very high settings when normally it's been 58+.

Can someone help me figure this out please? Are there any tests I can run that won't take days or many hours?

your ram could be the problem
Score
!