Low FPS (GTX 460) League of Legends & SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticking

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
All of a sudden, after I restarted my computer i'm getting really low fps in games I play like League of Legends and Starcraft 2.

I have updated all my drivers, wiped my hard drive and done a clean install of W7, and attempted to defrag my hard drive though questionably it says 0% fragmented.
I'm a little suspicious it's my HDD and not my CPU or GPU, though I have no idea how to figure out the issue.

Gigabyte GTX460 (Updated driver)
AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ Stock
2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev 2.0 (Updated bios)

I'm capturing my FPS with Fraps, and it says that on League of Legends my fps is around 10-20 on very high settings when normally it's been 58+.

Can someone help me figure this out please? Are there any tests I can run that won't take days or many hours?

Usually if lowering the graphics options speeds up the game then the problem is in the GPU or GPU settings. Check the Nvidia control panel and make sure that everything is defaulting to the application settings. Also check and see that it's not forcing any kind os AA or AF in games.

Also see if you can force dx 9 or 10. Updates to startcraft and LoL may have forced DX 11 which would explain a drop in performance. I don't really play either game but it happens with WoW.

arcticking

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009

I set it to medium and i get 30-35fps, and i'm not recording i'm monitoring. Wierd huh? Anyways, I googled harder and found that the latest drivers for Nvidia cards right now (301.72) is having much issues, after reverting to an older one (285.XX) I'm getting better fps.

I used to get 12 fps on the SC2 login menu, and now it's back up to 60+.

aliromy70

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

your ram could be the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.