What GPU suit my Motherboard?

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
hey guys, im new with pc hardware and i just want to upgrade my gpu (geforce gt 520). i bought this gpu coz i have some media work and editing so i dont nid high end gpu before. right now i think like playing some online game like dragon nest, allods online, rune of magic and blacklight retribution. but when i played this game with my old gpu(gt 520) the game pretty lag and the fps is below 30. im still using old gigabyte motherboard (G31M-S2L) and my budget is below 800$ because i live at asian. i live at malaysia, here pc hardware pretty exspensive. im just searching for gpu who can play game smoothly just below 40/60 :)

randomkid

Distinguished
Any PCIe GPU will work on your motherboard.

When you say $800, you mean MYR right? If yes, that is $250.
What power supply you have (brand & model)?
What processor?
What monitor resolution?

& if the store where you want to buy have a link, please post it here.

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

what i mean by $800 is USD, i have an old type of pc with pentium 4 PSU 480w(going to update this PSU btw), Dual core processor e5700, monitor resolution 1600x900

randomkid

Distinguished
Well, $800 is great budget even for just for PSU+GPU at 1600x900.

& if the store where you want to buy have a link, please post it here because our usual recommendation of good buys from newegg does not apply to you in Malaysia so I'd rather make the recommendations from what is available in your area.