Will these 3 parts work together with no compatability issues?

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I want to know if the Noctua NH-C14 will have enough space from the GPU reactor on the gtx 680 lighting on a Maximus Gene V motherboard? If not, then what CPU cooler is just as good in both cooling and noise as the NH-C14 because i really want that GPU and Mobo models. Thank you for the help.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
it will be too huge I am afraid. it won't get to the gpu reactor but you wont be able to use large ram sticks like kingston hyperx, corsair vengence , g.skill ripjaws.

I have the maximus IV gene/gen3 which is exactly the same size and I am using a cooler master hyper 612pwm, gtx 670 Direct Cu II top and kingston hyper x ram. The only catch is I had to mount the fan to the opposite side of the cooler. This does not affect the performance at all and I am still able to overclock 4.9ghz 24/7. The good thing about the coolermaster 612 is you can mount the fan facing whichever way you want. Noctua nh-c14 doesn't have that option. So you have to get low profile rams.

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
That's ok. I do not even like ram with heat spreaders so i'll just check the ram compatibility list for the noctua nh-c14 and get a model that works (low profile). As long as the cooler won't touch any part of my gpu, i'm happy.