hesitates

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

When I work across my XP in-home network, the cursor keeps pausing in email
for example. Or if I want to click on something there is often a hesitation.
I assume something is running, but I don't find anything. How can I locate
it and turn it off or get it out of the way?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> When I work across my XP in-home network, the cursor keeps pausing in
email
> for example. Or if I want to click on something there is often a
hesitation.
> I assume something is running, but I don't find anything. How can I locate
> it and turn it off or get it out of the way?

Ctrl-Alt-Del to see what's running.

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I have that one down. For that response I would have to ask what to look
for. I don't see anything as an issue there..

"Larry" <larry2@NOSPAMisomedia.com> wrote in message

> "aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> When I work across my XP in-home network, the cursor keeps pausing in
> email
>> for example. Or if I want to click on something there is often a
> hesitation.
>> I assume something is running, but I don't find anything. How can I
>> locate
>> it and turn it off or get it out of the way?
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del to see what's running.
>
> (¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

have you tried adaware, too?

are you running a current virus scanner? www.grisoft.com free

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Yes, I do all that.
There was a time when this was not an issue.

"Koolaid" <someone@example.net> wrote in message
> have you tried adaware, too?
>
> are you running a current virus scanner? www.grisoft.com free

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Yes I would suspect your anti-virus program.
My AVG did it when I activated the email "add-on" which basically added that
little bit on the end of each email. If you turn that off then it still
detects a virus & no more "hangs".
BruceM

> Yes, I do all that.
> There was a time when this was not an issue.
>

> "Koolaid" <someone@example.net> wrote in message
> > have you tried adaware, too?
> >
> > are you running a current virus scanner? www.grisoft.com free

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

My 2 cents worth would be either a DNS issues with the ISP, to see, set up a
packet sniffer and find the first packet sent and see what the reply time is
to receive the packet back.

KK