Extending taskbar across two monitors

I moved from w2k pro to wXP pro and now the taskbar won't extend across both
monitors like it did b4. Whats up with this OS? One step forward and two
steps back? Anybody know of a hack for this?
TIA,
Doug

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:35:21 -0700, derone wrote:

> I moved from w2k pro to wXP pro and now the taskbar won't extend across both
> monitors like it did b4. Whats up with this OS? One step forward and two
> steps back? Anybody know of a hack for this?
> TIA,
> Doug

Whether or not the taskbar extends across two monitors depends on the
display drivers. They may or not offer a choice between the two. If there
is a choice, it would be an option in Display Properties or, if available,
provided as a setting within the supplemental software for the card.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

As the MVP said, the previous ability was due to the drivers and not the OS
since normaly no version of windows can extend the taskbar except longhorn
that is not out yet.

However there is a 3rd party utility that I use: ULTRAMON
www.realtimesoft.com

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:02:59 +0300, Kenny S wrote:

> However there is a 3rd party utility that I use: ULTRAMON
> www.realtimesoft.com

Have used this in the past. It's a very useful app for multi-monitor
systems.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks, I'll try that utility.
Doug

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:02:59 +0300, Kenny S wrote:
>
> > However there is a 3rd party utility that I use: ULTRAMON
> > www.realtimesoft.com
>
> Have used this in the past. It's a very useful app for multi-monitor
> systems.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Quest

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2004

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVyb25l?= <derone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

Does the Option Extend across this desktop work properly after changing
from 2k to XP??

I have a TV and a Monitor and I have found that the Extend across this
display does the following it made my Taskbar go across the both the TV and
the Monitor. I am using an NVIDIA Geforce fx5200 with the latest drivers.