Fresh, new computer! Driver questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Probably not. Windows 7 and 8 find most of your drivers. Check windows device manager and see which device drivers didn't install; they will have a mark next to them. Then use the motherboard cd or let windows search for the updated driver. The cd sometimes works best; I limit some of windows updates; found that they slowed down my system in explorer. But you may want to install them all. I like microsoft's security essentials software (free virus protection). I install all those updates and disable windows update.

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Yep its my first. I've finished building it, I just need to install windows and the drivers.

So, the drivers I need to install onto the flashdrive include:
-Bios
-GPU
-Motherboard

Is there anything else I am missing?

Probably not. Windows 7 and 8 find most of your drivers. Check windows device manager and see which device drivers didn't install; they will have a mark next to them. Then use the motherboard cd or let windows search for the updated driver. The cd sometimes works best; I limit some of windows updates; found that they slowed down my system in explorer. But you may want to install them all. I like microsoft's security essentials software (free virus protection). I install all those updates and disable windows update.

Solution

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I like MSE too, it's super easy to use and updates often. It's much cleaner than avast aswell. Can you give me some insight on what updates not to get from windows? I want to keep my system free from generic windows drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.