Problem during start up

Hayashi2705

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, I just built myself a new pc. Almost everything in it is new except for 2 previous HDDs and my video card. Anyway during startup it says there is a problem and I can choose to do a system repair or normal start up. When I run the repair it doesn`t fix a thing and I`m to afraid to try the normal startup. During the first screen I can see it only shows one of my HDDs and not my new SSD either. However, if I go into the bios and go into the boot menu it shows all my both the HDD, the SSD and my DvD drive. When I select one of those though, it just immediately goes to the screen where I get the options system repair and normal startup.

Anyone that can help me out?

I do have a disc with W7 but I`d rather avoid that for now if possible

Solution
Hello,

first of all, full system specs with model numbers would help to know what we are dealing with.

Secondly, have you installed win7 after you've assembled the new computer or did you just reuse the installation from the old HDD from old computer?

What is your intended OS disk?

If it's the SSD then disconnect the HDDs and install the OS without the HDDs. If not, then provide more info please
Hello,

first of all, full system specs with model numbers would help to know what we are dealing with.

Secondly, have you installed win7 after you've assembled the new computer or did you just reuse the installation from the old HDD from old computer?

What is your intended OS disk?

If it's the SSD then disconnect the HDDs and install the OS without the HDDs. If not, then provide more info please

Solution

Hayashi2705

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
CPU: I7 3820
mobo: Asus P9X79 pro
Corsair force 3 SSD 120GB
as for the 2 other hard drives, don`t remember the exact model numbers but they`re a bit older Western digitals 640GB. They run at 3GB/S still

I a, planning to move my OS to my SSD indeed, but first I wanted to move some files of my old HDD. I guess for now I`ll unplug all drives except the SSD and reinstall W7 and after that I'll reconnect the 2 HDDs

Thanks for the help.

Hayashi2705

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
k, I just did as you said and well, everything is up and running just fine. Posting from my new pc as we speak :D.

Thanks for the help you have provided, it is very much appreciated.