Cpu

Hi,i have the i5-2400 3.1Ghz cpu,and when ever I play a game,my ai suite 2 give's a message of the temprature and it shows that my cpu is between 72 to 80,i dont know if i have enough cooling ,but i want to know is that a problem if the temp is so high?The reason i think my pc does not have enough cooling,is because i have the amd ati HD 7870 and it gives a lot of heat out when in performance mode,but i also have like four 120mm casis fans and two small ram fans(not that i need it cuz the ram has heatsinks)but is this a probleme for so high temp and if so,is there something i can do?
11 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. It is to hot and most likely your CPU cooler needs reseating with new paste!
  2. Thanx,will it also help if i get a new or beter cpu fan,i only have the original one.
  3. Yes a good aftermarket cooler will cool it better.
  4. Ok thanx will do so,hope i have enough space in my case,cuz there is already too much in there,i have the nzxt guardian 921
  5. If you take the side fan off you should fit a 120mm cooler but with it there is enough space for a 92mm cooler like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064
  6. Thanx that is a good price,is deepcool also a good choice or not so good?
  7. Thanx i will see what i can get,thanx for the help
  8. It works perfect,when in game my cpu is from 80 with the old fan and now 41(thats the highest)with the fan.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Product