ThePlasticBling

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
OK thank you. How about a 75hz monitor? Would that make things look smoother? And are you sure the motherboard can support over 60hz because on the ASUS website it says that it supports:

- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz

Also, would this be able to trully show up to 75 fps? http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=61452&vpn=VH238H&manufacture=ASUS And would I have to use a specific sort of cable?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I don't know about games, but I do see major difference between 60hz and 75hz doing even simply tasks like scrolling (makes it a lot more fluid), and moving stuff around.

May I make a recommendation? Thanks

If you want 120fps to really make a difference, you need a GPU SETUP to be able to push out a constant 120fps (preferably a minimum)...and thats not easy/cheap with new games at high resolutions. The card you linked to certainly won't pull over 120fps on high settings in new games.

If you want to make 120fps on a cheap setup, you'll have to sacrifice quality and resolution significantly, and that will suck.

Want a good gaming experience?...buy a plasma or an LED monitor. That will make a bigger difference than 120hz...either way your setup won't push 120fps so it doesn't matter.