What is the power supply on a gateway fx 7026

firetalker

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hello,
have a Gateway FX7026, which came with a Nvidia 8800GT video card. It died, so I bought a Gigabyte Nvidia 8800 GT card as a replacement. The connector on the new card is a 3 pin, and the connectors on my pc, and the old card, are 6 pin. The new card has a large Zalman fan on it, and I have looked for a 3 pin adapter, but so far havent found one. Any ideas?

Solution

I don't see a 3-pin connector on that card. Where did you buy it from and what is its exact model number?
14-125-081-05.jpg
Some of the Gateway FX7026 came with a Delta Electronics DPS- 400RB A 400 Watt power supply unit that has one 6-pin PCI-Express power connector for a discrete graphics card.

You will need to take a look at the label affixed to your power supply unit to determine if this is the model you have.

Your GIGABYTE GeForce 8800 GT requires one 6-pin PCI-Express power connector from the power supply.

What is this 3-pin connector you're speaking of? Do you have a link that you can post for your specific card model?

firetalker

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

It goes directly to the Zalman cooling fan. The card itself has no power supply connector, unlike the earlier card. A friend suggested the connector should be plugged directly into the motherboard, and that some late model cards draw power directly from the motherboard. I looked up the Gigabyte card online, and this fan is supposed to be a big selling point because of the tendency of the 8800 GT to overheat. Any idea where on the motherboard this 3 pin connector would be? Thanks for your help.

I don't see a 3-pin connector on that card. Where did you buy it from and what is its exact model number?
14-125-081-05.jpg

14-125-081-07.jpg

Solution