Poor FPS Sapphire HD 6870 Counter Strike Source & Dota 2

Hello i have purchased Sapphire HD 6870 1gb DDR5 a week ago and i got poor fps in CSS and dota 2 on some points of map i get 60 70 fps , sometimes i get up to 200+ .Here are my specs : CPU : i3 530 2.93Ghz 4gb DDR3 PSU : Tacens Radix V 650W 1TB HDD Latest video driver 12.4 , im using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bits.
Reply to mL1337
8 answers Last reply
More about poor sapphire 6870 counter strike source dota
  1. Poor FPS? how poor like 20 FPS?

Try these options:

1) Try the 12.6 BETA driver (scroll down the page after you click on this link)
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst126beta.aspx

2) You can go into the console/command of CSS and type: max_fps #
    So if you want put it at max_fps 120 so that it will not cap the frames.

How to Enable Console
    Go to Options->Click Advanced near bottom->mark the box Enable Developer Console

Then go back to the game and press the (~) key, top left near the ESC key.
    Reply to fantastik250
  2. Iºve did that nothing changed what might be the problem ?
    Reply to mL1337
  3. aww it really stinks :( Even I get better FPS with my dud gt 520m
    Reply to Koenigsegg
  4. How is the temperature? And have you overclocked the card? Also, state what frame rate you are getting in CSS
    Reply to fantastik250
  5. temp i think its normal 60 degree ingame 44 idle i didnt oc the card and on some points of map i get 60 fps or less
    Reply to mL1337
  6. ok i solved the problem now i get 300 fps constantly in CSS it was enable Multi Core rendering from game options no low fps since then !
    Reply to mL1337
  7. Cool, glad that it's now working for you :)
    Reply to fantastik250
  8. check if your ram memory is in dual-channel configuration. dota 2 likes dual channel ram. otherwise,at single channel your ram and cpu are not at full potential,bottlenecking graphics card.
    Reply to Windrunner
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Sapphire HD Graphics