Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CX500 Thoughts?

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2012 12:27:07 AM

Hey,

I made a post earlier today asking about a decent budget PSU. I found the CX500 at newegg and am having some trouble finding reviews about it. It looks like it will work and won't cost a fortune.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm sure that the wattage is enough to support my CPU and GPU. I just need to know if the PSU is good quality and what people think of it. My budget won't allow me to go much high for the cost.

EDIT:
This PSU costs $10 more and I think it might be worth it. Please check out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : cx500 thoughts

Best solution

a c 260 ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 12:48:04 AM

zatic said:
Hey,

I made a post earlier today asking about a decent budget PSU. I found the CX500 at newegg and am having some trouble finding reviews about it. It looks like it will work and won't cost a fortune.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm sure that the wattage is enough to support my CPU and GPU. I just need to know if the PSU is good quality and what people think of it. My budget won't allow me to go much high for the cost.

EDIT:
This PSU costs $10 more and I think it might be worth it. Please check out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hi - You hit on a quandry some of us have with a couple of corsair models, and that
is no reliable testing. Doesn't mean it's bad. Generally in a situation like this you
trust to Corsair's reputation with PSU's which is excellent.

That Rosewill green 630 you are considering has been recommended a lot
lately. But, i haven't seen a test from one of the top three review sites yet.
Rosewill is Newegg's house brand and they will also be good should any issues arise.

I think either one is good to go.

Tom
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 12:59:26 AM

I would pick the Corsair. Rosewill has made horrible PSU's until recently. A couple top model are ok, but if 500w is enough for you you can't beat $30.
Related resources
December 29, 2012 1:03:14 AM

Hi. There are reviews of the CX430 V2 by Hardware Secrets, JonnyGURU, TechPowerUp, etc. and I believe that it and the CX500 are manufactured by CWT. There's a review of the Rosewill unit by Hardware Secrets. The CX500 is $30 after promo code and rebate while the Rosewill is $42.50 after promo code and rebate.
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 1:46:21 AM

johnsonjohnson said:
Hi. There are reviews of the CX430 V2 by Hardware Secrets, JonnyGURU, TechPowerUp, etc. and I believe that it and the CX500 are manufactured by CWT. There's a review of the Rosewill unit by Hardware Secrets. The CX500 is $30 after promo code and rebate while the Rosewill is $42.50 after promo code and rebate.

All the current CX models are Channel Well. I don't think they are all the same though. I saw a review of the cx750 that suggested it was a different CW platform than the cx430.

Just about any Corsair is going to be a quality PSU. They are not quite as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago, but they are all good.
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 1:48:34 AM

abbadon_34 said:
I would pick the Corsair. Rosewill has made horrible PSU's until recently. A couple top model are ok, but if 500w is enough for you you can't beat $30.

Not exactly true. Some rosewills have always been good. Recently, the Capstone series is as good as anything out there.
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 1:52:50 AM

toyftw said:

That Rosewill green 630 you are considering has been recommended a lot
lately. But, i haven't seen a test from one of the top three review sites yet.
Rosewill is Newegg's house brand and they will also be good should any issues arise.

I think either one is good to go.

Tom

The green series has been reviewed. Its an ATNG unit. Its ok. Good performance for the money. Not a great unit, but serviceable. And it will kick out 600 watts.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 2:10:38 AM

FALC0N said:
Not exactly true. Some rosewills have always been good. Recently, the Capstone series is as good as anything out there.

^ +1 on Capstone
December 29, 2012 2:18:23 PM

Thanks, I think I'll get the CX500 because I'm on a tight budget.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 2:34:11 PM

zatic said:
Thanks, I think I'll get the CX500 because I'm on a tight budget.

It will do its job well.
December 29, 2012 3:07:23 PM

Best answer selected by zatic.
!