CX500 Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatic

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hey,

I made a post earlier today asking about a decent budget PSU. I found the CX500 at newegg and am having some trouble finding reviews about it. It looks like it will work and won't cost a fortune.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

I'm sure that the wattage is enough to support my CPU and GPU. I just need to know if the PSU is good quality and what people think of it. My budget won't allow me to go much high for the cost.

EDIT:
This PSU costs $10 more and I think it might be worth it. Please check out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200

Solution

Hi - You hit on a quandry some of us have with a couple of corsair models, and that
is no reliable testing. Doesn't mean...

Hi - You hit on a quandry some of us have with a couple of corsair models, and that
is no reliable testing. Doesn't mean it's bad. Generally in a situation like this you
trust to Corsair's reputation with PSU's which is excellent.

That Rosewill green 630 you are considering has been recommended a lot
lately. But, i haven't seen a test from one of the top three review sites yet.
Rosewill is Newegg's house brand and they will also be good should any issues arise.

I think either one is good to go.

Tom

Solution

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hi. There are reviews of the CX430 V2 by Hardware Secrets, JonnyGURU, TechPowerUp, etc. and I believe that it and the CX500 are manufactured by CWT. There's a review of the Rosewill unit by Hardware Secrets. The CX500 is $30 after promo code and rebate while the Rosewill is $42.50 after promo code and rebate.

All the current CX models are Channel Well. I don't think they are all the same though. I saw a review of the cx750 that suggested it was a different CW platform than the cx430.

Just about any Corsair is going to be a quality PSU. They are not quite as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago, but they are all good.

Not exactly true. Some rosewills have always been good. Recently, the Capstone series is as good as anything out there.

The green series has been reviewed. Its an ATNG unit. Its ok. Good performance for the money. Not a great unit, but serviceable. And it will kick out 600 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.