Your question

GTX 680 SLI load problems

Tags:
  • SLI
  • Skyrim
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 24, 2012 10:19:21 AM

I recently built myself a gaming computer in order to play the new and upcoming games such as Skyrim,The Witcher 2, etc..I've run into some problems with my setup though. I turn on my SLI and I've run multiple benchmarks with it. 1 GTX680 will be either near 100% load or over 100% load, while the other isn't above 0%. I've tried playing Skyrim with maxed out settings and I get horrible fps when I try playing it. I feel I know somewhat about computers and I'm 90% sure that the SLI load is what is causing this terrible fps problem.

P.S. When I run these benchmarks, I'm usually getting around 120-200fps(yes I know, I shouldn't be complaining) but I'm rather worried about the load usage

i7-2600k@4.5Ghz(Overclocked)
PNY Geforce GTX680 x2
250GB SSD
16GB DDR3 RAM
1050w PSU

More about : gtx 680 sli load problems

June 24, 2012 10:31:16 AM

how are you checking the load? it is by definition impossible to go over 100% load so the fact that you're seeing that makes me wonder
m
l
June 24, 2012 10:45:53 AM

I apologize, I messed up when I was talking about that part of the load, I meant to say that the power was over 100% and one of the GPUs was near 100%.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing through all of Benchmarking programs

m
l
June 24, 2012 12:09:14 PM

Wolfsquad said:
I apologize, I messed up when I was talking about that part of the load, I meant to say that the power was over 100% and one of the GPUs was near 100%.

no problem just hoping it was easy LOL. can't read the text in the image but the bars are pretty clear.

not sure if this still applies or not.

www.geeks3d.com/20110310/tips-how-to-enable-sli-and-cro...

I assume skyrim is patched. have you tried gpuz to double check the load? sure kombuster is probably right looking at the temps.

I'd probably uninstall the drivers and pull the cards and try them one at a time and then reinstall/double check everything. power cables. ratings in the rails. SLI bridge, etc etc.
m
l
!