Can I get an ok on my build

xB01S0NxBARRYx

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hey guys, I made some revisions to my build and want to ok it with you guys before I buy everything

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/etyu

The only thing that you guys can see is missing is a case. I'm still debating between the coolermaster HAF 912/922, the nzxt phantom 410, the corsair 500r, and the corsair 650d

g-unit1111

Titan
What's the primary use for this build? If it's gaming the i7 will not be needed - you could drop that to the i5 and upgrade your case to the NZXT Switch 810. The 256GB SSD is kind of overkill, and the 680 isn't really needed when the 670 is essentially the same card and is $100 cheaper.

g-unit1111

Titan

It will be several years before games catch up to hyper threading, and even when that happens it will be long replaced. It's better to invest that elsewhere. I'm not saying knock down everything - with a few minor changes it will be a very competitive system and it will last several years with minor, low cost upgrades.

xB01S0NxBARRYx

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

no i dont but want a powerful machine that will have more longevity compared to a lesser system. My build that I have currently was recommended to my by many people on this forum not too long ago. But I will look at 670 benchmarks. Whats THE BEST gtx 670 out there out of all the companies like asus, evga, etc

My biggest question, and I was not clear on this (sorry), but I want to know if my build will work with the cases provided. One example of what I mean is whether the asus gtx 680 will fit into the haf 912. Stuff like that.

g-unit1111

Titan

Software is always going to be two or three generations behind the hardware. There's no such thing as completely future proofing a build. If you were using multimedia heavy applications like Adobe CS5 then I would say the i7 is necessary. But for gaming it isn't.