Sign in with
Your question

Display driver keeps crashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 10:58:17 AM

Hello,
i have the same problem.. screen go black and then recover.. the guy in the computer store try telling me that my graphic card is broken.. but i just bought a new one a couple month ago.. i updated the driver..still the same problem..
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 11:05:27 AM

What is your video card?
For example, Gigabyte GTX 670

Also, do you have enough power going into the card? Is the problem happening during your games only or randomly?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 11:10:37 AM

it happens during playing games a lot.. i don't know what card it is.. im using windows 7 ..im not good with computers.. but this problem just started like two weeks ago and happens more often now.. if i bring it to the computer store they will try and sell me everything new...
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 11:31:24 AM

re-install windows and then download the latest driver from the manufacturer of the cards website.

If you don't even know what video card you bought a couple months ago, well that's a problem.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 11:38:49 AM

well they put it in the computer in the store.. im not so good with computers..:(  i can look and see if i find the box where the card was in.. can i not just reinstall my driver insted of windows?
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 9:38:04 PM

the other thing that i think people would like to rule out if possible is if its a higher end gpu, what psu model do you have.
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 9:41:54 PM

GPUZ - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Use GPUZ to find out what GPU you have. However, I'd bet one of three things are happening:

1. Overheating GPU
2. Unstable GPU (GPU is defective)
3. Unstable GPU due to bad PSU
!