Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are These Parts Compatible?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 13, 2012 9:16:09 PM

Hello,
i was just wondering if all this is compatible.

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS M5A97 AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 997002

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

XIGMATEK LOKI SD963 92mm HYPRO Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included I7 i5 775 1155 AMD and dual fan push pull compatible

Thanks.

More about : parts compatible

August 13, 2012 10:05:04 PM

Looks OK to me. Just be aware of how you're placing the fan on the heatsink. It can get kinda crammed up against the ram. I have a Xigmatek Gaia 120mm and I like it.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 14, 2012 4:18:28 PM

Okay, I made some minor adjustments and it is still under 1000, so i am way happier with that cpu and i feel more confident using the corsair power supply.

Thanks, Much appreciated.

Also what are your thoughts on: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

are there better ones out there for around the same price? i have like a 20 dollar window for improvement.

my build is sitting at $979.41 i need to keep it under 1000
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 6:24:12 PM

devilboy9944 said:
Okay, I made some minor adjustments and it is still under 1000, so i am way happier with that cpu and i feel more confident using the corsair power supply.

Thanks, Much appreciated.

Also what are your thoughts on: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

are there better ones out there for around the same price? i have like a 20 dollar window for improvement.

my build is sitting at $979.41 i need to keep it under 1000


If your budget is $1K you could get a way better system, I think I would go for Sandy / Ivy Bridge over a Phenom II any day of the week.

Try something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($284.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $1007.26
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-14 14:27 EDT-0400)

A little bit over but it will give you a way better system - better CPU, GPU, RAM, HD, and especially power supply.
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 6:31:32 PM

g-unit1111 said:
If your budget is $1K you could get a way better system, I think I would go for Sandy / Ivy Bridge over a Phenom II any day of the week.

Try something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($284.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $1007.26
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-14 14:27 EDT-0400)

A little bit over but it will give you a way better system - better CPU, GPU, RAM, HD, and especially power supply.

It is actually $40 or so over budget because that microcenter deal is in-store only.
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 6:33:59 PM

azeem40 said:
It is actually $40 or so over budget because that microcenter deal is in-store only.


That's one thing about PC Part Picker that drives me crazy because even if you tell it not to give you Microcenter quotes, it still does. :heink: 
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 6:38:27 PM

That's why you use BBC Markup to tell you the true story. :p 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($284.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $1037.26
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-14 14:37 EDT-0400)

See, your build is $37 over budget, but you can just ask OP to extend it since most budgets are broken around here. :p 
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 6:42:03 PM

azeem40 said:
That's why you use BBC Markup to tell you the true story. :


Yeah I usually do use that but for some reason it has a real problem with the GPUs I pick - especially the Sapphire cards. Maybe if I used a different brand it would react accordingly.
m
0
l
August 14, 2012 8:59:11 PM

i was kind of trying to order it all from one store if you know what i mean... newegg.ca would be preferable because i can make a bulk order and maybe save a bit of money in shipping and stuff... do you think i could use the stock cpu cooler and save 34 dollars on the third party cooler? even though i would prefer a name brand cooler i think the extra 34 dollars could be saved for later times (upgrades in the future) if you know what i am getting at. i am liking that graphics card you picked 7870 sounds like a solid upgrade over the 6870... i could also take out the cd drive as i have one in an older build i can integrate into my new build.

Also, how does pc part picker work, do i have to go to those individual sites and order?
m
0
l
!