change keyboard shortcut for explorer.exe

Hi,

I use another explorer for browsing my folders/files.

When i type keyboard shortcut ( Windows + E ), i want to launch my another
program ( not explorer.exe)

thank you very much
kiko
2 answers Last reply
More about change keyboard shortcut explorer

    Hi,

    Thats not possible. The Win+E shortcut is hard-coded.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "informatique" <informatique@stat-valence.terre.defense.gouv.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use another explorer for browsing my folders/files.
    >
    > When i type keyboard shortcut ( Windows + E ), i want to launch my another
    > program ( not explorer.exe)
    >
    > thank you very much
    > kiko

  2. Thread revival! For googlers' sakes.

    You can change it. Any number of hotkey programs can "hijack" that key combo (or any other) and make it do your bidding.
    I recommend AutoHotkey. It's robust, lightweight, well-supported, and not hard to learn.

Configuration Explorer Customization Keyboards Windows XP