change keyboard shortcut for explorer.exe

June 2, 2005 6:25:18 PM

Hi,

I use another explorer for browsing my folders/files.

When i type keyboard shortcut ( Windows + E ), i want to launch my another
program ( not explorer.exe)

thank you very much
kiko
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 4:03:18 AM

Hi,

Thats not possible. The Win+E shortcut is hard-coded.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"informatique" <informatique@stat-valence.terre.defense.gouv.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I use another explorer for browsing my folders/files.
>
> When i type keyboard shortcut ( Windows + E ), i want to launch my another
> program ( not explorer.exe)
>
> thank you very much
> kiko

September 11, 2008 7:46:26 AM

Thread revival! For googlers' sakes.

You can change it. Any number of hotkey programs can "hijack" that key combo (or any other) and make it do your bidding.
I recommend AutoHotkey. It's robust, lightweight, well-supported, and not hard to learn.
!