Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need something to protect removed CPU (pins, etc.)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 29, 2012 1:33:16 AM

I'm taking apart my current build, for a transition. I however can't find my retail AMD box, with the plastic bit and foam to hold the CPU.

Is there a material that I can use to fit the 1055T in, to protect the pins? Meantime I'll leave it in the removed motherboard, but hope to sell eventually.
a b à CPUs
December 29, 2012 1:41:07 AM

You come over to my house & give it too me :) 
I kid, just place the CPU on its heatspreader & just cover the pins with like, surround wrap, that'll keep it dust free & all, just not protected from lets say, a falling box.

Best solution

December 29, 2012 6:36:33 AM

What I do is when a Motherboard dies i pry the socket of. It protects the pins perfectly. You probably don't have a dead mother board laying around you can do that to so. Small plastic cool whip container. Fill with toilet paper and place cpu in center. So it is covered up. Don't pack it in there just lay it down that should keep it safe.
Related resources
December 30, 2012 1:17:43 AM

payturr said:
surround wrap

I don't want to kill the CPU with static charge >.< I'll admit I did think about it though lol

knuckleonAMD said:
What I do is when a Motherboard dies i pry the socket of. It protects the pins perfectly. You probably don't have a dead mother board laying around you can do that to so. Small plastic cool whip container. Fill with toilet paper and place cpu in center. So it is covered up. Don't pack it in there just lay it down that should keep it safe.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a dead motherboard. But that sounds good, something simple and easy to get. I always overcomplicated these things :pt1cable:  Thanks
December 30, 2012 1:17:52 AM

Best answer selected by 10hellfire01.
!