Need something to protect removed CPU (pins, etc.)

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I'm taking apart my current build, for a transition. I however can't find my retail AMD box, with the plastic bit and foam to hold the CPU.

Is there a material that I can use to fit the 1055T in, to protect the pins? Meantime I'll leave it in the removed motherboard, but hope to sell eventually.

Solution
What I do is when a Motherboard dies i pry the socket of. It protects the pins perfectly. You probably don't have a dead mother board laying around you can do that to so. Small plastic cool whip container. Fill with toilet paper and place cpu in center. So it is covered up. Don't pack it in there just lay it down that should keep it safe.

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
You come over to my house & give it too me :)
I kid, just place the CPU on its heatspreader & just cover the pins with like, surround wrap, that'll keep it dust free & all, just not protected from lets say, a falling box.

knuckleonAMD

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
What I do is when a Motherboard dies i pry the socket of. It protects the pins perfectly. You probably don't have a dead mother board laying around you can do that to so. Small plastic cool whip container. Fill with toilet paper and place cpu in center. So it is covered up. Don't pack it in there just lay it down that should keep it safe.

Solution

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

I don't want to kill the CPU with static charge >.< I'll admit I did think about it though lol

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a dead motherboard. But that sounds good, something simple and easy to get. I always overcomplicated these things :pt1cable: Thanks