Status
Not open for further replies.

wildanimal

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
So i recently got the gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 motherboard with the amd fx 8320 vishera 8 core but come to find out the mobo needs a new bios to use this cpu but I can't get into the bios menu to open so I can update without a working cpu. gigabyte responded by telling me to return it or get another cpu to use to update the bios then it should recognize my amd 8320 I found a usedAMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor and just want to make sure it would be compatible with my gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 am3+ ive found a similar thread than this saying all am3 socket cpus will work with am3+ socket mobo but I also read this mobo would take this 8320 so... better safe than sorry

The onl way to get a Pileriver CPU to work is to get a PhenomII or Bulldozer so you can get the computer to boot so you can flash the BIOS. You have to a previous generation CPU to flash the BIOS.

wildanimal

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

So I guess you didnt read it all the way I need to verify if the AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor is compatible to the gigabyte motherboard out of the box so I can flash the new bios on my mobo to use the amd fx 8320 I only need and older than vishera cpu because they are the ones that need a new bios to be functional so again its mainly will that specific am3 cpu fit and work properly with a am3+ socketed mobo mobo specs gigabyte 990 fxa ud3

Status
Not open for further replies.