Closed Solved

Cpu compatibility

So i recently got the gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 motherboard with the amd fx 8320 vishera 8 core but come to find out the mobo needs a new bios to use this cpu but I can't get into the bios menu to open so I can update without a working cpu. gigabyte responded by telling me to return it or get another cpu to use to update the bios then it should recognize my amd 8320 I found a usedAMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor and just want to make sure it would be compatible with my gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 am3+ ive found a similar thread than this saying all am3 socket cpus will work with am3+ socket mobo but I also read this mobo would take this 8320 so... better safe than sorry
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about compatibility
  1. wildanimal said:
    So i recently got the gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 motherboard with the amd fx 8320 vishera 8 core but come to find out the mobo needs a new bios to use this cpu but I can't get into the bios menu to open so I can update without a working cpu. gigabyte responded by telling me to return it or get another cpu to use to update the bios then it should recognize my amd 8320 I found a usedAMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor and just want to make sure it would be compatible with my gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 am3+ ive found a similar thread than this saying all am3 socket cpus will work with am3+ socket mobo but I also read this mobo would take this 8320 so... better safe than sorry

The onl way to get a Pileriver CPU to work is to get a PhenomII or Bulldozer so you can get the computer to boot so you can flash the BIOS. You have to a previous generation CPU to flash the BIOS.
  2. rds1220 said:
    The onl way to get a Pileriver CPU to work is to get a PhenomII or Bulldozer so you can get the computer to boot so you can flash the BIOS. You have to a previous generation CPU to flash the BIOS.

So I guess you didnt read it all the way I need to verify if the AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor is compatible to the gigabyte motherboard out of the box so I can flash the new bios on my mobo to use the amd fx 8320 I only need and older than vishera cpu because they are the ones that need a new bios to be functional so again its mainly will that specific am3 cpu fit and work properly with a am3+ socketed mobo mobo specs gigabyte 990 fxa ud3
  3. Best answer
  4. yes go ahead and use the regor chip to update the BIOS
  5. Best answer selected by wildanimal.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs BIOS Gigabyte Compatibility