Help needed Using Remote Desktop Connect

lucky

Hi,

REcently I have installed windows xp professional computer.
I am comcast cable which is connected to cable modem which is connected to
the router. My PC is connected to the router.

I have securemote software installed on my home computer which I first run
and then use REmote Desktop Connect of windows xp professional to connect to
my office computer. However my requirement is that I need to be able to
connect to my home computer from office computer. I am not able to
do this using remote desktop connect from office. This is all what I did.

Control panel => Network connections => local area connection => properties
=>advanced => unchecked the check box
"protect my computer by preventing access...".

Router settings :
Changed the router settings to allow the anonymous requests,disabled
firewall.

From office, I start the remote desktop connect,type in the ip address in
the address box(also tried with port#),
and tried to connect but of no help.

can any one tell me what I need to do, so that I can connect from my office
to the home computer. YOur quick response is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance,Lucky.

If you feel you need to post to multiple groups, please do so in the same message (cross-post).

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.