furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I have a Hp t3625.uk base tower that i keep for some of my old games. I have been doing some upgrades to the motherboard, it is now fitted with a pentium d 3.73ghz extreme processor, 2 gb or ram and a 500w psu.

the information I have for the motherboard is

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00783614&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3318658

I purchased a gforce 210 graphics card but when i go to install the disc i have message pop up saying nvsetup no suitable driver for your current vga chip with a list of cards then another list of the vga chips we support are.

Is there a wat to still install this i will i need to get a card that is on the supported list???

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I have tried that a few times, set the bios as both pci-e and pci and nothing. Should the card work with out any software installed?

I have been through windows and tried removing every bit of display software i can find but still no luck. The reason I am replacing the card is after I put the new processor in my old card would not work could there be anything I have overlooked?

What do you mean by "should the card work"? You mean will it put video on your screen? Then yes, if your power supply is capable of adding a video card to your system. Will it work correctly without software drivers? No, you have to install drivers.

So the pc boots with the new processor? Or it boots but no video?

If the board doesn't support the processor, then it's not going to work.

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thats how I understand it.

untitled.jpg

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
But i will stress my understanding of these graphics cards etc is novice at best.

And i appreciate the fast replys, thank you.

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
tried that with no luch, downloads and then stops saying that the installer cannot find any nvidia equipment installed

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Deffinately in all the way, i have tried various times pushing it in.

I am starting to think, that tempted to try putting in my old processor as my old graphics card was fine till the new one was added

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
The card is not DOA since he can see a picture..

You're probably plugging the VGA / DVI cable into the motherboard connection and not into the graphics card connection.

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
its plugged into motherboard for time been, which i find odd as i thought setting pci-e in the bios stopped this working.

I have tried pluging into the new graphics card whilst machine is powered up, switched up and during boot up and nothing, no bios monitor just says no connection and goes to sleep.

G

Nothing I havent tried out, I have the same problem as you, and been going madddddd

furnell13

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I got lucky in the end, I ended up with another HP base tower one of my mates wanted me to have a look at.

Whilst I was inside I noticed his graphics card was the second one down on the list of "VGA chips we support are", so I decided to pop that in mine and worked straight away downloaded drivers and knows runs as sweet as a whistle.

Best bit is he wanted me to see if I could add a graphics card with hdmi on it, which the one I was trying to install in the first place, so we left them swapped. Both happy for the time being.

I can't say for sure that this would be the same for you but it does strike me as I did everything suggested on here like 70 times and got no where as soon as i dropped one in the list said was ok no problems and big grins, good luck.