Sign in with
Your question

No sound except for very low high pitch tone

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2012 4:08:58 AM

I moved from Florida to Nyc and when I set up my computer everything was fine except I have no sound. If I put my ear to my speakers I can hear a high pitch whiny tone and that's it. I've tried 2 pairs of headsets and 2 separate sets of speakers. My computer says everything is find with the sound when I do tests and such. I have two audio jacks, one in the front and one in the back. Both jacks yield the same results.

So far I've

-changed the default device a million times
-uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek and nvidia high def audio drivers several times
-opened up my computer to check all wires and connections repeatedly
-installed microsoft UAA
-restarted my computer several times
-checked the bios but I can't find anything in there about audio. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I don't have a clue what to do now...Help!!!!

I wish there was some sort of alternative audio driver I could use but that doesn't seem to exist besides buying a new card for it and I'm poor.

Heres my computer specs

Cpu: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

Ram: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)

Graphics; 1535MB GeForce GTX 580 (Gigabyte) also it says Acer B273H (1920x1080@60Hz) in speccy and I'm pretty sure it never said that before now.

Hard drive: 977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
December 29, 2012 3:16:02 PM

Maybe I should reinstall windows?

After reinstalling the drivers for the umpteenth time, I open the volume mixer and under applications system sounds, the icon and volume adjuster flickers. When i go to playback devices, the speakers and headphones options keep switching who is the default device very rapidly and the headphones option dissapears and reappears rapidly also. I don't even have headphones plugged in I only have a pair of speakers plugged in. This problem is just getting worse and worse.
m
l
!