PCH overheats, rest of system super cool

yukicore

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Just bought a new set of hardware, with Gigabyte motherboard, air cooled, 3 intakes and 3 outtakes, everything running fine, but on BIOS it says that I have PCH (Platform controller hub) at 60*C. All system was 30*C , 25*C and lower, but PCH 60*C.

What do I do, and what exactly is this PCH? I'm totally new to PC's.

note: I don't have GPU installed yet, could that be the problem?

Thanks.

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that PCI-e slots are controlled by the CPU, not the PCH. So not having a GPU wouldn't in any way cause it to run hot.

yukicore

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Sure, but what is causing the problem?!?! I have a BIG Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU cooler just next to my RAM, is RAM one of the PCH packages?

The cooler has it's air fan just next to ram, I could say that that airflow just there might not be as good, much weaker than in the PCI-e slot zone, because I was focused on Video Card being the heat master, but never mind that, I bought a video card with 2 coolers, running also very cool, I made my system to be cool, but some PCH is trying to ruin it for me.

yukicore

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Sorry for double post, but I wasn't allowed to edit...

As far as I understand PCH is controller of all the USB ports, display ports, audio ports, would me running the computer with integrated graphics could make it heat?

I really would appreciate some assistance from some one who knows about this... :(