Bluetooth passcode

Well my 6230 finally arrived and I have to say I'm mighty impressed! I
haven't got any way of transferring my files over yet but judging by the
sample videos on the phone it should be good. The only thing that i'm having
problems with is the Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect to a colleagues phone
(6230 also) and it's asking for a passcode. Is this something they have set
or I have set?

Oh and on a completely different subject, can anyone suggest good software
to convert regular video files to 3gp?

Many thanks for any advice,

Ben
13 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth passcode

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:14:53 +0100, "Ben" <benbryant@beeb.net> wrote:

    >Well my 6230 finally arrived and I have to say I'm mighty impressed! I
    >haven't got any way of transferring my files over yet but judging by the
    >sample videos on the phone it should be good. The only thing that i'm having
    >problems with is the Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect to a colleagues phone
    >(6230 also) and it's asking for a passcode. Is this something they have set
    >or I have set?

    Each Bluetooth model has a passcode which is usually detailed in the
    user's manual. For Jabra units the passcode is 0000. It may be
    something different for other brands of BT (Nokia, Ericsson,
    Plantronics, Belkin, etc.)

    Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...

    Tony

    "Tony" <anthonybyrne@iol.ie> wrote in message
    > Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...

    Oh ok, great! That'll teach me to be so excited to get the phone out of the
    box that I don't bother looking at the cd-rom that comes with it! :)

    Ben you might be better off downloading the latest Nokia pc suite off their
    site.......also setting up the blue tooth can be a headache.......2 things
    to remember.....only connect through pc suite. Bluetooth software also
    allows you to connect but make sure you only connect through the nokia suite
    when you are using that application. Also make sure you disconnect bluetooth
    on the pc (nokia connection manager) first otherwise your phone will hang
    when you try to disconnect it.

    Good luck....it only took me a whole day to figure it all out......:-)

    > Ben you might be better off downloading the latest Nokia pc suite off
    their
    > site.......also setting up the blue tooth can be a headache.......2 things
    > to remember.....only connect through pc suite. Bluetooth software also
    > allows you to connect but make sure you only connect through the nokia
    suite
    > when you are using that application. Also make sure you disconnect
    bluetooth
    > on the pc (nokia connection manager) first otherwise your phone will hang
    > when you try to disconnect it.
    >
    > Good luck....it only took me a whole day to figure it all out......:-)

    Is the software on the site more up to date than that on the disc then?

    It was in my case....

    enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
    it asks for it

    "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
    > it asks for it

    Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues telling
    them to get back to work. Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
    enter the passcode :(

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:55:33 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
    >> it asks for it
    >
    > Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues telling
    > them to get back to work.

    So you're trying to 'Bluejack' them.

    > Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
    > enter the passcode :(

    That's used when you're actually pairing Bluetooth devices up, usually the
    default passcode is 0000.

    All you have to do for Bluejacking, is to create a message as a phone-book
    entry, and then use the send phone-book entry via Bluetooth functions.
    This will attempt to send the phone-book entry as a business-card to
    another BT device(phone, computer, PDA, etc), which is set as 'BT
    Discoverable' and is within range.

    You can also send pictures taken with the phone's camera this way.

    www.bluejackaddict.co.uk/
    www.bluejackq.com/howto.asp

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:55:33 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >

    > > "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
    message
    > >> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone
    when
    > >> it asks for it
    > >
    > > Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues
    telling
    > > them to get back to work.
    >
    > So you're trying to 'Bluejack' them.
    >
    > > Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
    > > enter the passcode :(
    >
    > That's used when you're actually pairing Bluetooth devices up, usually the
    > default passcode is 0000.
    >
    > All you have to do for Bluejacking, is to create a message as a phone-book
    > entry, and then use the send phone-book entry via Bluetooth functions.
    > This will attempt to send the phone-book entry as a business-card to
    > another BT device(phone, computer, PDA, etc), which is set as 'BT
    > Discoverable' and is within range.
    >
    > You can also send pictures taken with the phone's camera this way.
    >
    > www.bluejackaddict.co.uk/
    > www.bluejackq.com/howto.asp

    Thanks for the links, some interesting reading :)

    make a phonebook entry, with or without a number.
    type your message into the name field and send it...
    no need for passkeys or the like

    for a non anonymous approach, just pair your two phones

    > make a phonebook entry, with or without a number.
    > type your message into the name field and send it...
    > no need for passkeys or the like
    >
    > for a non anonymous approach, just pair your two phones

    Very interesting, thanks for that :)

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:32:56 +0100, "Ben" <benbryant@beeb.net> wrote:

    >"Tony" <anthonybyrne@iol.ie> wrote in message
    >> Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...
    >
    >Oh ok, great! That'll teach me to be so excited to get the phone out of the
    >box that I don't bother looking at the cd-rom that comes with it! :)

    My 6230 - one week old today - had version 5.8 shipped with it. If
    yours did too, ditch this and download 6.2 from the Nokia web site.

Nokia Video Bluetooth