Bluetooth passcode

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 23, 2004 6:14:53 PM

Well my 6230 finally arrived and I have to say I'm mighty impressed! I
haven't got any way of transferring my files over yet but judging by the
sample videos on the phone it should be good. The only thing that i'm having
problems with is the Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect to a colleagues phone
(6230 also) and it's asking for a passcode. Is this something they have set
or I have set?

Oh and on a completely different subject, can anyone suggest good software
to convert regular video files to 3gp?

Many thanks for any advice,

Ben

More about : bluetooth passcode

August 23, 2004 6:14:54 PM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:14:53 +0100, "Ben" <benbryant@beeb.net> wrote:

>Well my 6230 finally arrived and I have to say I'm mighty impressed! I
>haven't got any way of transferring my files over yet but judging by the
>sample videos on the phone it should be good. The only thing that i'm having
>problems with is the Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect to a colleagues phone
>(6230 also) and it's asking for a passcode. Is this something they have set
>or I have set?

Each Bluetooth model has a passcode which is usually detailed in the
user's manual. For Jabra units the passcode is 0000. It may be
something different for other brands of BT (Nokia, Ericsson,
Plantronics, Belkin, etc.)

August 23, 2004 8:02:52 PM

Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...

Tony

August 23, 2004 8:32:56 PM

"Tony" <anthonybyrne@iol.ie> wrote in message
> Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...

Oh ok, great! That'll teach me to be so excited to get the phone out of the
box that I don't bother looking at the cd-rom that comes with it! :)
August 23, 2004 8:39:09 PM

Ben you might be better off downloading the latest Nokia pc suite off their
site.......also setting up the blue tooth can be a headache.......2 things
to remember.....only connect through pc suite. Bluetooth software also
allows you to connect but make sure you only connect through the nokia suite
when you are using that application. Also make sure you disconnect bluetooth
on the pc (nokia connection manager) first otherwise your phone will hang
when you try to disconnect it.

Good luck....it only took me a whole day to figure it all out......:-)

Tony

August 23, 2004 9:17:41 PM

> Ben you might be better off downloading the latest Nokia pc suite off
their
> site.......also setting up the blue tooth can be a headache.......2 things
> to remember.....only connect through pc suite. Bluetooth software also
> allows you to connect but make sure you only connect through the nokia
suite
> when you are using that application. Also make sure you disconnect
bluetooth
> on the pc (nokia connection manager) first otherwise your phone will hang
> when you try to disconnect it.
>
> Good luck....it only took me a whole day to figure it all out......:-)

Is the software on the site more up to date than that on the disc then?
August 23, 2004 9:20:17 PM

It was in my case....
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:29:31 AM

enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
it asks for it

"Ben" <benbryant@beeb.net> wrote in message
> Well my 6230 finally arrived and I have to say I'm mighty impressed! I
> haven't got any way of transferring my files over yet but judging by the
> sample videos on the phone it should be good. The only thing that i'm
> having
> problems with is the Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect to a colleagues
> phone
> (6230 also) and it's asking for a passcode. Is this something they have
> set
> or I have set?
>
> Oh and on a completely different subject, can anyone suggest good software
> to convert regular video files to 3gp?
>
> Many thanks for any advice,
>
> Ben

August 24, 2004 3:29:32 AM

"Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
> it asks for it

Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues telling
them to get back to work. Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
enter the passcode :(
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:29:33 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:55:33 +0100, Ben wrote:

> "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone when
>> it asks for it
>
> Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues telling
> them to get back to work.

So you're trying to 'Bluejack' them.

> Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
> enter the passcode :(

That's used when you're actually pairing Bluetooth devices up, usually the
default passcode is 0000.

All you have to do for Bluejacking, is to create a message as a phone-book
entry, and then use the send phone-book entry via Bluetooth functions.
This will attempt to send the phone-book entry as a business-card to
another BT device(phone, computer, PDA, etc), which is set as 'BT
Discoverable' and is within range.

You can also send pictures taken with the phone's camera this way.

www.bluejackaddict.co.uk/
www.bluejackq.com/howto.asp

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
August 24, 2004 3:29:34 AM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.08.23.14.17.41.123000@ivetva.arg...
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:55:33 +0100, Ben wrote:
>

> > "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
message
> >> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone
when
> >> it asks for it
> >
> > Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues
telling
> > them to get back to work.
>
> So you're trying to 'Bluejack' them.
>
> > Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
> > enter the passcode :(
>
> That's used when you're actually pairing Bluetooth devices up, usually the
> default passcode is 0000.
>
> All you have to do for Bluejacking, is to create a message as a phone-book
> entry, and then use the send phone-book entry via Bluetooth functions.
> This will attempt to send the phone-book entry as a business-card to
> another BT device(phone, computer, PDA, etc), which is set as 'BT
> Discoverable' and is within range.
>
> You can also send pictures taken with the phone's camera this way.
>
> www.bluejackaddict.co.uk/
> www.bluejackq.com/howto.asp

Thanks for the links, some interesting reading :)
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 4:15:20 AM

make a phonebook entry, with or without a number.
type your message into the name field and send it...
no need for passkeys or the like

for a non anonymous approach, just pair your two phones

> "Daniel Juhn" <j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
> message
>> enter whatever you want and enter that same code into the other phone
>> when
>> it asks for it
>
> Oh I see! I was trying to send anomymous messages to my colleagues telling
> them to get back to work. Not really as fun when you have to tell them to
> enter the passcode :(

August 24, 2004 4:15:21 AM

> make a phonebook entry, with or without a number.
> type your message into the name field and send it...
> no need for passkeys or the like
>
> for a non anonymous approach, just pair your two phones

Very interesting, thanks for that :)
August 24, 2004 8:15:20 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:32:56 +0100, "Ben" <benbryant@beeb.net> wrote:

>"Tony" <anthonybyrne@iol.ie> wrote in message
>> Nokia pc suite 6.2 has a video viewer that can convert files to g3...
>
>Oh ok, great! That'll teach me to be so excited to get the phone out of the
>box that I don't bother looking at the cd-rom that comes with it! :)

My 6230 - one week old today - had version 5.8 shipped with it. If
yours did too, ditch this and download 6.2 from the Nokia web site.
!