Need a decent graphic card (not hardcore)

Hey guys,
I would like to receive some recommendations on a decent graphic card.

I play games here and there, when I have time, nothing hardcore. It's not necessary for me to have everything on max to play a game, but I still want to enjoy some graphics when I play one.

My current PC spec:
-------------------------
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
CPU: i5-760 8mb cache
Storage: Crucial M4 128gb
RAM: 4gb 1333mhz
Monitor resolution: 1680x1050 (might upgrade it in a year or so to a 1080p monitor)
GPU: ASUS GeForce EN210 (not for gaming).
PSU: Seasonic 500W SP-SS500.

I have no plans overclocking the GPU.
Something that is important to me is power consumption. I don't want a GPU that uses too much power with too much heat.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
14 answers Last reply
More about need decent graphic card hardcore
  1. first thing is what is your budget?
  2. 1st question is how much you are willing to pay, 2nd is quality of 12v rail line on psu, 3rd is # of 6/6+2 pins on the psu.
  3. Around 120$... maybe a bit more
  4. dudewitbow said:
    1st question is how much you are willing to pay, 2nd is quality of 12v rail line on psu, 3rd is # of 6/6+2 pins on the psu.

I got: Seasonic 500W SP-SS500 Active PFC Power supply (I initially wrote 450W, that was wrong).
  5. the psu has 34 amps max on the 12v rail, so it can probably run a single card give or take capacitor aging. from your budget of 120, that sits around

GTX 460, HD 7770, HD 6850
  6. Something I forgot to mention, I would like it to be quite GPU as it could be..

And, if my budget was 100$, what would be my options?
  7. MSI HD 7770 non noisy with biggest coolers.
  8. if your budget is 100$, hd 7750 would be where i would lookish
  9. I guess nVidia GPU is out of the question? AMD is better at this price segment?
  10. not at all HD 7770 over the HD 6850 in some games and in some they are neck to neck. :D.
    lower is better from down section of anandtech.
  11. By the way how can I see their power consumption and heat on idle/load?
  12. All of these cards need an external power cable right? is there any "good" graphic card that doesn't need external power cable?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product